They had a blast. We all had a blast actually. And I got this lovely little memento.
And yes, I said first. Yes, there will be more. Yes, I do wear sunscreen. I still turn into a tomato here from July to August, cause the sun is just that strong, despite all I can do. But I digress.
So after this one blessed day, it was back to doom and gloom for what may go down in history as the worst spring break ever (for my kids that is, cause they aren't growing up in my parents' house where we celebrate going back to school just to get away from spring break. But really I love working with my family ;)).
The Saturday after spring break we did this with our YW (LOVE THEM!):
Unfortunately the next day we woke up to this:
It was so icy that the next morning one of my dear Laurels rolled her truck, with her dad in it. :( But no one was hurt, unless you count the truck and a man's pocket book. But hey, those are replaceable. Right?
The snow melted before 10am though, as it did nearly every other day this week.
Until today. May I present:
The freshly shoveled drive. Does this look like Spring to you?
This is a picture of my neighbors house. It is only a representative of what every other house on our street looked like at 11am this morning. Zoom in, you can see the snow still coming down.
So hunker down folks cause our dear lovely 'land of the cold' is gearin' up to throw us the best anti-spring party EVER!
Global warming anyone? Bring it!


7 comments:
I saw our neighbors out shoveling their driveway yesterday (several inches of snow), but I shook my head thinking it would melt by evening. I was right. Crazy darn, unpredictable freakin' bipolar weather!!!1
I love the 'Bring It' challenge to global warming- true MMM! That weather looks horrendous, it is supposed to snow here today, but may have changed it's mind on account of all the angry people :)
That is crazy! It has been a cold spring here too, but today is a beautiful day.
How fun that you and your YW got to go to Salt Lake! Did you go for Conference?
Okay, your weather is crazy! I was just saying to someone the other day what a great town I thought you lived in, and I would totally want to live there...but the weather....I don't think I could handle it!
Dude...weather sucks.
I love getting those farmer tan momentos!
Okay - so here it is April 14 and we got 2 inches this morning! Five Mile Prairie got 5 inches! And it's supposed to be 70 on Saturday! And we'll be down in the land of heat and wind - Pasco -for a track meet. Wanna come?
Post a Comment