Monday, March 9, 2009

Why I don't craft . . .

So here is a lovely little magnet board that I painted and decorated, simply. I completed it on Friday and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.


Here it is matching my wall perfectly, (cause I used the same paint). And yes, that is my dog in a cage. That is where she likes to sleep so we brought her kennel inside for the winter. There was a little boy over that she likes to lick, so she was spending a little time contained this afternoon. But that is another story. We are looking at the walls I've been decorating. Isn't it nice. Look, I hung pictures and everything. The plaque is from my parents. It went up the same week it came home. The great thing about other people making me crafts, there already done. I can totally hang stuff!


But this is the thing . . . I started this board . . .
TWO YEARS AGO! Well One year and five months ago to be exact. It was a Super Saturday (or Super Thursday as we call them here) project. I didn't like the color I chose to paint it. So, it sat in my basement unfinished for all this time. Until, for some reason, I got the urge to get things done and pulled out this old project to finish.

So to sum up: I don't craft because I am too indecisive when it comes to decorating. I never know what I want to do well enough to just sit down and get it done. Then I get all frustrated and leave it alone till I can think about how I really want it done. 18 months later, I figure it out and finish. But that's in GOOD time.

So here's to me not crafting. Oh, and I have about five other projects in the basement waiting to be finished. I will not add any more till I finish the ones I already have. I also recently finished painting a large metal star, so I'm on a roll.

Cheers!

9 comments:

Hubers said...

Way to get a project done! I think it's great you pulled in out after soon long. Good job!

Belnap Family said...

It looks very cute, nice job! I have about 5 projects in my basement waiting to be finished too!!

Annalee Kelly said...

You are an inspiration to us all! Now if I could muster up the energy...

Kelly said...

I know what you mean. I just finished a project from that same super Saturday two years ago. Doesn't it feel great?!

tharker said...

I think it all looks great. I love the paint color!

You and I sound like we decorate at the same pace. My friend Karen is always telling me I do it at a snail's pace. I think that fits me pretty accurately :)

crack'n up ourselves said...

Way to Go!

hatch said...

That is really cute! I have a few of those Super Saturday projects hanging aroung my house too.

Pie said...

Love it!!! I love the teensy little bows- it looks awesome, kudos for making your house cute and matchy match.

The Chamberlain Family said...

I love it, and I like the color! Very cute!