While I know some of my readers are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I would hope that we would all be concerned about anyone's beliefs being treated with such disrespect.
For those of you unaware of what HBO's show Big Love is about, it portrays an LDS family living in polygamy. While this is not a belief that our church supports there are factions which have left the church to practice this life style. Apparently the show focus on one particular family living in this way and still attempting to be part of the LDS church. Their latest focus is on our sacred temple ordinances and covenants. They have hired an ex-member of the church to consult so that they can get the ceremonies and clothing as correct as possible. It appears they have done a very good job. But even if they haven't they are treating lightly the very sacred things of God and it is incredibly offensive.
I, along with many others, protested this show before and after it first aired. Unfortunately that didn't do much good. But now they are taking their abuse of what is sacred to a new level. While protesting may not - probably won't - stop them from doing what they are doing, I can not sit by and say nothing. It is my responsibility as a member of the church to stand up for what is right, to uphold the sacredness of these blessings with which we have been entrusted.
We are currently living in a world full of turmoil in so many ways. I believe that this is directly related to the wickedness of this world. It is directly related to the desecration of the family. What stronger way could Satan destroy the very foundation for human joy and salvation than by dragging through the sludge of this world the most sacred ordinances which bless and sanctify the family? Even if we can not stop this from being done, we must do what we can to protest it. Let your voice be heard. Let HBO, the world, and the Lord know what you stand for and believe in by protesting this vial abuse of our most sacred blessings.
Here's how.
You can view the TV guide issue here (if you haven't already seen it). I post this link cautiously. I have no desire to spread the desecration which has already been committed, but you should know what has been put on every grocery stand in the nation.
You can let HBO know what you think here
I feel so strongly about my beliefs, my Savior, and my temple blessings, it truly sickens me to see that this is being done. Please don't sit back and let this atrocity go on un-protested. Stand up for what is right. Let HBO know what you think.
10 years ago


3 comments:
your first link isn't working here- and it didn't work in the email you sent me either... so I don't really know the problem. Good for you for standing up for what is right though.
Yeah I found out this morning that the first link only worked for a day. Apparently it is on a password protected part of the TV guide page, but you can stop at any store and read the article in this weeks TV guide. Also there as a response on the church news site.
Thanks, I wouldn't have known. It just makes me sick. I'll try that second link.
Post a Comment