Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Violin and other accomplishements

One of the biggest changes in WG's life this year was starting the violin. He takes lessons from a great teacher every Wednesday morning at 7am, and he loves it.

Due to WG learning the violin he has had the opportunity to attend a couple of events in order to increase his knowledge and education of classical music, particularly the violin.

Grandma gave us tickets to the Nutcracker
No he didn't look like this for the whole performance

We went with Aunt Jamie and cousin Lexi
isn't she a doll!

You just have to love those faces, they make me laugh every time

Just getting home from a violin concert by Jenny Oaks Baker, at BYUI. It was a late show and half an hour away, he was very tired.

Here he is performing at his very first concert. He got a little flustered and forgot where he was a couple time, but over all he did an excellent job.

The little girl playing with him is his teacher's daughter, and yes they are the same age, despite the height difference :)


WG has really enjoyed learning the violin this year. He has also enjoyed attending performances and has started a ticket collection from the events he has seen. I have been very impressed with his dedication in practicing and his determination to improve. He has been quick to pick up the necessary skills and is still loving every minute of it.

The violin is something WG has been asking to learn for at least three years. It is fun to see him love something that he chose from himself.

Besides violin, WG has excelled at soccer. He loves skiing and is improving with every visit to the slopes. He has improved at swimming, and is currently on a basketball team and is enjoying that.

At school WG does very well in all his subjects, especially math and spelling. All his spelling test are 100%, which makes his mother VERY proud!

WG continues to be a joy and a blessing in our lives. We love him very much, and enjoy watching him learn and grow.

10 comments:

Lee said...

That is great. And I remember playing the Mississippi River. Too funny. he is doing great!

Annalee Kelly said...

Yea WG! He is a very well rounded little guy:) He incidentally, has been one of my best beginners. Ever.

Hubers said...

I'm impressed. Is that concert in the chapel?
I wanna go skiing!

The Donigans said...

Happy Birthday WG! Thanks for the fun Nutcracker evening. Love the pics! I'm going to see if I can copy them from your blog so don't be surprised to find them on my blog too.:)

Shmobby said...

Wow I can't believe how well the little guy is playing already! Let's have him do a mini concert for everyone when we're all together. Those Nutcracker pics are adorable...and hilarious!!!

Happy Birthday T_ _ _ _ _!!!

The Taggarts said...

I'm glad he had a great birthday. It's fun to read more about him. That's great that you've been able to take him to all of those performances. I want to go!

Pie said...

wow, he is so good already! I love the fun faces he makes for pictures. I'm glad you posted videos of his recital so we can all see.

tharker said...

I am so impressed with how good he is already!

Patrick said...

This is great. I'm usually a silent blog reader, but watching the videos just brings back such great memories from when I was a kid at my own recitals. What a different perspective I had.
Also, Lexi's pose in the picture with Caleb is classic. It looks like she's 16 and on a bad date. It made me chuckle.

Patrick

Marmie said...

Wow - I am so impressed! Please tell him I loved being able to listen! I think he's doing really great! Love him! (and you bugs!)