As nearly everyone in my ward has noticed, Sundays have started to be a little difficult for us, at least Sacrament meeting has. And by more difficult I mean more than the usual. Cause let's face it, it's never easy.
Our dear sweet Princess has decided she doesn't want to sit through sacrament meeting anymore. She throws fits, cries, kicks, rolls onto the floor, just about anything to push our buttons for no other reason than to entertain herself during this excruciating two hour torture session we, as her parents, have the audacity to drag her to. At least that is the only plausible reason I have come up with cause it isn't that she wants to go out. That threat still has enough sway that we can usually eek out another five seconds of quiet if we choose to wield it. Perhaps she believes we will some day give up and stop dragging her through this misery. But honestly she has to know there is no chance of that.
As a result of her EXTREME stubbornness we have been a bit more liberal with the drawing utensils during this most trying time of the week for two reasons. First it keeps the boys occupied entirely so we don't have to worry about their behavior on top of Princess' abominable performance, second, it does help entertain Princess a little.
This Sunday, given this continued pattern of behavioral anarchy, we once again distributed the pens and papers to sate the little sprite.
It worked, until . . .
We all closed our eyes for a prayer and opened them to find . . .
PRINCESS HAD GIVEN HERSELF WHISKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have taken a picture so that you could all enjoy this site, perfectly offset by her adorable dress and precious ringlets, but I took the first opportunity to wash them off, which was when she asked to go to the bathroom halfway through the meeting.
HAPPY SUNDAY!
On a brighter note I was able to hear WG give his Primary lesson during the third hour.
WG's new primary class is held in the kitchen and my Laurel class is right next door. Given the abundant volume WG is blessed with, and the echoing nature of the kitchen, I could here every word he said VERY CLEARLY.
At one point I heard the teacher ask a question to which WG gave a very detailed and lengthy description, after which the teacher proceeded to encourage the rest of her class to listen because that was nearly the whole lesson right there.
He is a bright kid and hilariously articulate for his age. My sister calls him Hermione, I just hope he grows out of the know-it-all stage before the other kids grow into the teasing phase.
Then on Monday I was talking to a woman that had never had the privilege to meet our dear WG. Noticing that he was missing one of his front teeth she asked how that was, to loose his teeth, to which he responded:
"Well somethings are just a work in progress."
I thought the woman was going to die laughing. It is always funny to see people's reaction to WG, that have never met him before.
. . . And he continues to bring joy to our lives.
10 years ago


9 comments:
Do you think the new time change is harder on your kids? It's tricky for us...
WG is so full of personality! I love your nick name for him:) He is great!
We are all having trouble with the little ones during sacrament.. so we won't judge you if you don't judge us.
We love WG! He might grow out of it, or he might take it as a compliment when one of his teachers calls him an insufferable know-it-all ;)
Also, so funny that princess gave herself whiskers in those few seconds- I bet it went so well with the rest of her ensemble!
Okay so I have to know, how do you know Heather Going? Ummm, did you know that she is my husband's cousin?!?! Don't tell me you guys are in the same ward. I should have guessed it. Small world:)
Amy - I recently found out Heather was your husbands cousin. We became friends in the tri-cities, our husbands worked together (They had also been in the same program at USU but Shawn graduated a semester before we did). Then when we moved out here, (six months after they did) she helped us find a place to live and we were in the same ward for a little while but when we bought a house we moved to the other side of town.
I love that kid!!!! Seriously wish I could just sit him inside my television - he would be more entertaining than anything else on! I wish I could have seen that lady's face! :)
And the whiskers - you made me laugh out loud...again! You should have left them on all day - that would have been awesome! Wish I could have seen that.
I know it's way past Tanksgibbing...but I need to express the overwhelming gratitude that bursts forth in my heart when I think of your children. They may make you crazy once in a while, but they bring such hysterics and laughter to mine! And I seriously so mean this.
It's me again. So we're watching a "Sunday" movie...and I just realized why I love WG so much!!! He is a boy version of ANNE SHIRLEY!!! Seriously, tell me if I'm wrong! :)
I never got out of the 'give your kids writing utensiles' stage, until a few weeks ago when Isaac wrote on the chapel wall...yep, that's ground for brimestone!
I love all these stories about WG. I think he is HILARIOUS!
Happy B-day to him this week by the way. Hope you guys party hard!
I love the things kids say and do..not in the moment they are happening ..but they sure do make great stories afterwards! I totally would have left the Wiskers on the face..lol. I have to watch my Quade with writing materials at church..or he starts unwrapping the crayons and trying to eat them or drawing on the pews.
We have church from 10-1pm right now and it is so rough it is right during lunch and nap time and the kids get so cranky and hard to handle. I find myself counting to 10 and taking deep cleansing breaths..while my husband watches from the stand laughing!
Post a Comment