Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Tinkerbell Party

One of the blogs that got lost in the Christmas rush:

Princess first friend birthday party.
The Theme was Tinkerbell of course. She loves Tinkerbell. She received two dolls for Christmas, one she named Tinkerbell :).

So we had a theme the next thing we needed was a guest list. In our ward there are a lot of little boys Princess' age, but not so many girls. At least there weren't until about six months ago. So being the resourceful person I am, I found a ward list and invited all the little girls that would be in Princess' new Sunbeam class come January (Yep we're here and by the way she did great the first week, YEAH!). I was thinking an all girl Tinkerbell themed party would be so sweet. They could dress up, have a tea party. But Princess is who she is and she insisted on having boys. We were making up a list of friends and she said, "No! What about my boys? I need my boys!" She then proceeded to name a number of boys from the ward, so we had a boy girl party after all. It was cute though to see that she had made friends and is attached to some of the kids her age, even if they aren't the girls, yet.
Here are all the guest, much to her dismay a couple of "her boys" couldn't make it.

The cake walk, which actually turned out much better than I thought it would.

Enjoying the cupcakes, after having won them.

Opening presents. Princess was very excited about all the girly toys so got.


The Pinata that was so very cute.

Those danty little girls needed a little help breaking the pinata, so we had to call on the power of Taz to get the job done.

Filling their good bags with loot.


The happy little birthday girl.
It was so fun and she loved it so much, and now we even know some of the little girls her age.

9 comments:

tharker said...

I love those first friend parties! It is so much fun to see all of the cute little ones and their excitement!

I'm glad that Princess had a great birthday!

crack'n up ourselves said...

Nice to see you putting yourself in harms way with the pinata... glad you didn't get whacked or did you?

Hubers said...

Happy Birthday little girl.

Pie said...

That party looks awesome- I'm sure she loved it!

Belnap Family said...

That was a perfect little tinkerbell party! Lucy still wears her crown! Thanks for letting me crash it.

Kelly said...

How cute. I can't wait to throw little girly parties like this! I really like your red wall. Is that a new addition. I don't remember seeing it last time I was at your house.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Hey is that Pinata one that all you have to do is pull the strings untill the bottum opens and all the candy falls out? Or were they just decoration?

MadMadameMim said...

The strings were just decorations Candice, but it would have been nice if that was how it worked given how wimpy three year old girls are.

Terilyn said...

How cute! I remember when Mykie liked cute things like Pooh Bear and princess crowns. Now it's make-up and non-"cutsie" type clothes. Why or why didn't I have 4 girls? Is that her giving me the stink eye? Oh, now I remember why I only had 1 girl. ;)