Yesterday WG stayed home from school cause he was puking.
The thing is that I never know what it is with him.
He pukes over everything. He is just a puker.
I say this to people and they think I'm kidding, but I'm not. He's a puker.
When he was three weeks old I drank two large glasses of milk and he projectile vomited all over our living room.
It was sweet.
And that was the beginning of the puking.
When ever he gets any kind of illness whether it typically comes with puking or not, you can guarantee WG will be puking. It's just want he does.
From that first instance of extreme puking we continued through his baby days with the puking over any little thing.
If he was tired, if he got shots, if I ate something he didn't like, if he cried too long. And we're not just talking your typical baby spit up here, we are talking full on vomit.
At four months he quit nursing and we got to experience increased vomiting as we attempted to find a formula that got on well with his stomach.
When he started solids it was a whole new battle. He was seriously allergic to all baby cereals. That was some of the worst vomiting I have ever seen. He would gag until he had nothing left but stomach bile, it was terrible.
But soon after this, as he began to feed himself, we realized this extra strong gag reflex could be a good thing. He would shove so much food in his mouth that he would make himself choke. But not to worry it never lasted more than a second. That powerful gag would kick in and out it would come. It was some what entertaining actually.
When he was nearly a year old we spent a memorable Christmas at Grandma's house with all sorts of family. Some one kindly brought a horrid stomach bug with them and we all got sick. (I'm not blaming them, I know it wasn't on purpose.) It was lovely. WG was of course the worst with his tendency toward extreme vomiting in the first place. The worst part of this particular episode was that he wanted to be cuddled while he vomited. Luckily for me, he mostly wanted his dad. So WG would start puking and immediately reach out for Daddy and turn in to snuggle while he continued to vomit all over his poor father. I felt bad for him, but not bad enough to switch places.
As he got older we discovered an unnaturally strong tendency toward car sickness, which you know, accentuated his tendency toward unwarranted retching in the first place. Guaranteed he would puke on any car trip longer than twenty minutes. During the summer (especially during 100+ temps) it would take less than five minutes in the car for him to lose it. And once it started it wouldn't stop. It was uncontrolled retching for the next [how ever long you have left in the car] plus a 'simmer down time' that consisted of continued vomiting with less frequency until if finally fizzled out. It was like he was taking puking pastilles (not a Harry Potter fan? Sorry, I refuse to translate) It could last up to two days depending on the length of the trip. I learned to carry a puke kit with me where ever I went. This consisted of Dramamine, a change or two of clothes, a garbage bag, paper towels, and Lysol wipes.
I believe he was three the first time we discovered he gets migraines from over exposure to the sun, which of course results in vomiting.
And through out all of this he continues with his urge to puke with every source of stress, lack of sleep, headache, or over exertion.
It's tons of fun.
So yesterday when he started puking I kept him home of course, just to be safe, cause you never know. When it didn't disappear after a couple hours I figured it must actually be something.
Now Taz is puking two. So here we go. I hope we haven't contaminated anyone else. And I hope the rest of us don't show up with it also.
I know this wasn't a really fun topic. But lets face it, I've got nothing better to do stuck in a house with two puking kids, and one I'm watching like a festering volcano, wondering when she is going to start erupting.
Good times, and yes, your welcome for sharing. :)
10 years ago


7 comments:
Yeah I still remember in Yakima him walking into my house and puking all over my floor. BLECH!! I hate pukes.
Poor Caleb! Glad you made it to Enrichment--good eats, not involving chubby-looking rice dressed in brown blazers (a.k.a. whole wheat berries).
Hope you all get better soon!
I loved our conversation about this:
Me: so...not to label your child or anything...but it seems like he throws up a lot...
You: yea, he's a puker.
Glad to get that out there! Although I had no idea it had always been so bad, I maybe feel worse for you having to clean it up than for him doing the actual puking? ;)
That was really gross...and funny. And I do appreciate you sharing. I don't know why other people's gross stories make me laugh...perhaps my girl's sense of humor isn't entirely her fault? Sorry you have to deal with all that...and here's hoping Princess doesn't start up, too.
You know Abram is a puker too. We found out that he has a herniated stomach, which involves alot of gagging and choking with everything! I guess something like 30% of the population has it, and usually doesn't know it. Before Abram's MRI we just thought he was a puker too. Maybe WG has something like that. The doctors said, really it's minor...but pukey.
Wow. I'm sorry that you have to deal with so much puke. That is no good.
I'll cross my fingers that your little princess doesn't come down with it too.
By the way, I loved the Puking Pastilles reference!
I hope everyone is over it now! That is no fun! we can't wait for you to return to civilization.
Post a Comment