So just a moment ago I was otherwise occupied (ok fine! I had my computer cranked up watching Twilight trailers cause my sister and I were talking about how it comes out next week and I realized there were a few trailers I hadn't seen more than a couple times.) When I was interrupted by an ominous splashing sound from upstairs. I ran up the stairs to discover Princess naked (be-tuz I couln't fine my twimsuite) running from the bathroom to the toy room with a cup of water in her hands splashing everywhere.
Oh no!
In the toy room I discovered that she was attempting to turn her princess couch into a swimming pool! You know those little cheap kiddy foam couches that are covered in that hideously itchy material some moron used to make kids pjs in and printed in some irresistible princess (or in the boys case spider man) scene. Right, not the best contraption for a swimming pool as it doesn't hold water!
So I just spent several minutes sopping water out of my carpet and the foam furniture and sent Princess to her bed. While I was trying to do all this with out screaming or throwing the poor child in her bed I remembered two things. First, this is why I blog, and second this is why I shouldn't be watching Twilight trailers in the middle of the day, or running a vacuum, dishwashers, and anything else that would create enough noise that I wouldn't hear the first several cups of water she dumped on her couch. (Cause if I assert it would have been as bad if I was vacuuming then I won't feel as guilty right?)
So have a lovely day, I know I am!
10 years ago


8 comments:
I love that you said the vacuum thing...because lets face it, You saying it even makes me feel better:)
Lots of love. I'll bet you both sleep well.
All I can say is OMGsh!!! That is hysterical. I can't believe your little girl is talking and conspiring against you....already. ;) Too cute. And way to go with the whole patience thing.
Man, you really have your work cut out for you with that child. It's a good thing she is so dang cute!!
Once again, I am glad I'm not the only that has a child like that.
That is awesome. I love that you were distracted by twilight, and then your justification ;) and I can hear princess' little voice explaining why she was running around nudey. Hilarious!
I love the little narration of her explanation. So funny!
The things kids think up just astound me!
What in the world are you DOING watching Twilight Trailers in the middle of the day??? You really should keep an eye on that little Pwincess so she doesn't hab to find her twimsuite all by hersewf. And I don't remember hearing the vacuum running...was I laughing too loud?
BTW I am adding an A to the beginning of your name. It's just wrong to have you at the bottom of my alphabetical list...cause in real life you're at the top of my list, but you already know that. So there you have it. Next time you'll see an A added to your name SSSTIFFANY! ;)
I am sorry, but this is funny!!
I just love it when I decide to enjoy something for myself for just a few minutes only to pay for it with a huge mess latter....
Post a Comment