Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sleep, a love hate relationship

I love sleep.
I hate the time it takes (I feel the same about using the toilet and the shower, and sometimes
about eating).
I love it when my kids sleep; I wish they would do more of it.
Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, I love spending time with them. I also love time to
myself. When they sleep I get my precious alone time.

I am tired.
Why? Because I love spending time with my family, accomplishments, and precious alone time
more than I love sleep.
Sleep gets in the way of the things I love most.
But alas, I can not live without it.

6 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

I think we all share your thoughts on sleep!

Pie said...

That is so funny- all of the things you mentioned are times I like to schedule into my day to take breaks from what I am supposed to be accomplishing. My only problem is I am nocturnal, I would stay awake all night and sleep all day if I could (everything fun happens at night).

Talk about how some people don't appreciate: I'll give you some of my plentiful alone time and I'll spend some time with your people!

Hubers said...

I have the opposite problem. I love my sleep more than a clean house;-)

Marmie said...

This could be published and appreciated by so many!!! :) It is all true!

The Donigans said...

Ditto. Too bad we can't survive on 2 hours of sleep. Think of how productive we could be!

Annalee Kelly said...

I'm the same--it's 10:30 p.m. and I know I need to go to bed (to get up to teach @ 6a.m.), but I so crave the quiet house all to myself...