As a mother we occasionally have those moments that make us stop and say "man, I have a great kid!"
WG is very good a creating those type of moments but Sunday morning he was more than exceptional.
Sunday mornings Billy leaves early to attend meetings. He usually leaves around 7:30am.
Yesterday, after Billy had left and I was still in bed. WG sneaked into my room and left a croissant on my pillow. I wanted my first thought to be, "how sweet," but really I was wondering what he was up to. WG can be much like a parent in this way, especially when it comes to my sleeping in. If he is up he often thinks I should be. So I wondered if this was one of his more devious ways of encouraging me to get out of bed.
However, when I came down stairs I knew that I was wrong. Not only had me brought me breakfast, and helped Taz and Princess get their Sunday morning chocolate muffins, he had also cleaned. He had wiped the counters and cleaned up the floor from the chocolate muffins. He had loaded all the rest of the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and started it. He had also practiced his violin.
Can you hear the Hallelujah chorus?
Seriously what six year old just does something like that with out being asked?
So after I praised him for such a good job and told him how proud and grateful I was I asked him why he did this. Had his dad asked him to help out?
Nope. There is apparently this little radio toy that he had seen at the store Saturday when he was out with Dad after the soccer game and he really wanted it but it is $4. So he would like to earn some money. He wanted to show me how good he could clean, so that I would want to pay him for his work, so that he could earn the $4 to by this little radio.
Ok, so he wasn't doing it just to be an angel. But still it was amazing and impressive. And how great that he just jumped in and did it on his own to show me that he could. Well, now he's let the cat out of the bag, I'll have to take advantage.
So this morning when I got up at 7:30 he was already up unloading the dishwasher. He was still planning on wiping off counters and practicing his violin before school. He wanted to discuss payment terms this morning. :)
Seriously the kid is a riot, but really so stinking responsible. How great is that?! And if he wants to earn money by doing what I normally do, that is fine by me, especially if I don't even have to worry about it and it just gets done. Really how wonderful is that.
So here's to WG, who apparently might have a talent in selling himself that I never fathomed.
10 years ago


7 comments:
Can he come live with me?????
Pretty please:-)
Is he for hire?!?! What a great kid.
That is so cute!! But I have to ask, how did you sleep through him practicing the violin? Seriously. I know what new violinist sound like.
I would like to adopt or hire or something. Wow. Tell him I'll pay more that you.
Wow! An angel that's also an entrepreneurial engineer! What is in store for you??? Don't read the 'Great Brain' books to him! Nor to Taz or Princess for that matter - until they're adults! :)
But I do think he's great - and certainly deserves payment! :)
Take what you can get. Who cares if he is being nice just to get something in return!! I'm jealous. Does he want to come clean my toilet? I can't bend over anymore.
Lee -
Are you kidding, she can sleep through practically anything!
Post a Comment