Monday, July 7, 2008

Tagged times Three

How To Play This Game of Tag:Post these rules on your blog List:
3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself.
Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!

3 Joys

1. Doing something new. I love to try and learn new things. I love to have my mind active.

2. Good quality alone time with Billy. We've never really had a lot of real alone time since we had kids and I didn't know how good it could be till we went away for the weekend this February. There is nothing better than spending alone time with Billy.

3. Temple and families. There are two things in life that truly leave me feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle life again and that is spending time with my family, especially on vacation, and attending the temple. I love the peace of the temple.

3 Fears

1. Billy dieing, or anyone that I love but mostly Billy. I had a dream about two years ago that Billy died after a friend of mine suffered a specific tragedy in their life. Well this last January that friends tragedy came to pass much to my surprise and I've been intensely worried ever since. I know that part of me would want to be reunited with him later and part of me would want to remarry and I wouldn't want to have to make that decision or face the rest of my life with out Billy.

2.Crashing my truck, especially into water. Whenever I drive over a bridge I try and figure out how I would get me and my three children who can not swim out of the car in water with out loosing anyone.

3. I am afraid of missing out on my purpose in life. I'm worried about getting so caught up in the daily mundane things of life that I miss out on what is really important and I wake up one day a realize that I've missed my opportunity to do what I'm really supposed to do in life.

3 Goals

1. To be a good mother and teacher to my children.

2. To be happy. To find and appreciate the simple joys of everyday living.

3. It's a secret, I just can't say.

3 Current obsessions or collections

1. reading, just about anything I can get my hands on. Even if I think it was a poorly written book I'm always still glad that I read it.

2. Not Collecting is my obsession. I LOVE to get rid of things, it fills my heart with joy.

3. blogging, picture taking, and otherwise journaling about my kids and my family.

3 Random surprising facts about myself
I have to preface this section by saying I doubt there is one thing I can write here that someone won't know, because I just don't keep things to myself. I share pretty much everything. I'm just not a very private person. If there is something that I have managed not to share with just about everyone then I'm certainly not going to say it here. But let me think really hard, what would people not know. . .
1. I have permanent damage to my knee from being hit by a discus in high school track. Soooo much fun! I was running across the field for warm up and some of the discuss guys were playing around where they weren't supposed to be and they threw one right in our path. It hit me and I just kept write on running for a couple yards and then collapsed. My legs just buckled under me. It was so crazy.

2. I am not athletic, I only run. When I was in high school I was a varsity athlete because of cross country and track. When there would be activities that involved playing sports I would always get picked nearly first because people thought I was athletic, but I'm horrible at most sports. The problem is I have a fear of balls flying at my face. So if there is anything with a ball I just can't do it. It's really quite embarrassing and I've tried to tackle it many times and it might be getting better, it's hard to tell.

3. I almost died when I was 13 rafting cause I didn't listen to my Bishop. We were on a temple trip and the next day we were rafting a river in tubes. The river was a little higher than usual so the Bishop said the younger kids shouldn't go cause they were too small. I really wanted to go and I knew I was strong enough to handle it. But the Bishop said I wasn't heavy enough. Well I ended up going anyway. Part way down the river I was in a group of kids that were a little ahead of the group and then I got even farther ahead of them. We got separated and I was swept over near the river bank. There was a tree that was hanging over the water with the branches down into the water. I was pushed under the tree branches and held under. The water was pushing one direction and the branches were holding me under and trapping me. There was nothing I could do. I was trapped. I tried hard not to panic. After sometime which I couldn't even begin to estimate I felt someone grab and pull me out. It was a young man from my ward. He literally saved my life. I never spoke to him about it, I was too embarrassed and flustered. I never knew how he knew where to find me. It has always felt like a miracle to me.

I tag : Shmobby, Lee, Pie, Kim B., and Kristin P.

5 comments:

Marmie said...

I remember that incident in the river - and I remember how upset the bishop was because of his concern!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Wow...I totally remember that happening to you.And how I wanted to go down the river as well but I got an uneasy feeling and decided to just let it go. Instant flash back to that Temple Trip. When I moved to Bothell Wa. We use to have our girls camps at the same Ranch. But just farther down into the forest. I always thought about our trips to the temple with my old ward when I would go for girls camp. It always brought back so many memories. Just like your story. Only not as scary!

Lee said...

Wow.. I vaguely remember the last one.. but not all of it. Miss you. And I will join in. On Monday.

Pie said...

THis was so fun to read- I love that you preface the last part by admitting that you don't keep things to yourself- you are so funny and I love that you don't keep things to yourself! it made me laugh out loud.

Hubers said...

It's always fun to hear what people really think about themselves.
Hope you're doing well.