Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Confessions . . . I joined the Cult

The reason I have been bad at updating my blog lately.
I was finally sucked in. After hearing rave reviews for months over these books I received them for my birthday (a week early) and have hardly done a single thing since, until today. I started at about 8pm Friday evening and (after taking SOME time off for the Sabbath) I finished Monday around noon. Only to promptly start the first one over again, albeit a little slower this time.


They are intriguing, addictive, and frustrating. My ever present book addiction kept me from dropping them through the slow first several chapters of Twilight but then I was hooked. The vampire attacks are intense and exciting. Of course I love any kind of fantasy so that sucked me right in. I did find some of the gushing romance a little over the top, but I suppose they are geared toward high school girls. Despite my occasional impulse to meet Bella down a dark alley and "cheerfully beat [her] to death" I really have enjoyed the books.

I am now waiting anxiously for the fourth book to come out. I will continue to read through them again slowly, attempting to keep up my high until I can begin the next one in a matter of weeks. The anticipation is overwhelming!

I am now completely on board with the count down Pie ;)!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I am always so impressed when people get through the Twilight series so fast! I am only 200 pages into the third book and I started the series back around Feb. I completely agree with your description of the book. Especially the part about meeting Bella down a dark alley. Someone just bite this girl already!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you've joined the cult! I read these books exactly the same way- I sped through them and then went back and read them more slowly. Unfortunately, I did this over a year ago and have been waiting for the final book ever since! No one told me there were 4!!! Anyway, we'll have to share thoughts after we read the last one.

Lee said...

I can't wait for book 4!!! WOO HOOO!! GO EDWARD!

tharker said...

Counting the days until August 2nd!

Hubers said...

Sinner! Where I come from in the Bible belt, if you join the cult...you're surely going to hell!;-)

Enjoy your books!
Loves.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I too became hooked on these books everyone down here was talking about them and so I decided to read them. I got through all three of them in 4 days. Pretty sad I know but I couldn't put it down. If you go to the authors website you can see a movie preview and she is writting the first book again but from Edwards point of view. It is called Midnight Sun. She posts the first chapter on her website so you can read it. I think I like Edwards point of view better the Bella's. It is just as interesting coming from a Vampire and how badly he wants to kill her!

Pie said...

Yay for joining the cult! what an excellent birthday gift! So happy you have joined us! Bella gets on my nerves too- that quote you included always makes me laugh, and reminds me of you. Only 12 days!!!!

Most ironic quote from the series:

Edward: "Don't be melodramatic, please."

Really? It seemed to me like the whole point of the books is to be melodramatic. but I still love them :)

Perkins said...

You put into words exactly how I felt about them. They are so fun! I am really looking forward to the 4th one. I am reading the Host right now. I let you know what I think when I am done.

crack'n up ourselves said...

SO everyone, I found it rather amuzing one Sunday when Tiffany came up to me in the hall at church and told me with a straight face that she had a problem. I thought it was something serious until she confessed that she was addicted to these books.
Tiffany-- How does it feel to be going through withdrawl?