Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In Honor of Father's Day

Even though it is past Father's Day I wanted to take a moment to Honor my Husband the Father of my children who is one of the best fathers I know.

Billy is such a great Dad. He loves to do things with his kids and make sure that they have a good time. Children are always wanting to do whatever Daddy is doing and Billy is so good at finding ways for them to help and be involved. He is so patient and loving and kind, and his kids love him so much. I believe that says a lot about his parenting, that his kids love to be with him. He is so good at getting them in bed and dressed and other things (now if we could only get him to do Princess' hair I'd be set).

I am so grateful for his willingness to step in and take over whenever I need him too. Last week I was at girls camp from Wednesday to Saturday and Billy just took over. I had arranged for the children to stay at friends houses while he was at work but he did everything else. He got them up, dressed, fed, and out the door by seven o'clock so he could go to work. Then he picked them up at 5:45 made dinner, fed them, and got them to bed by 7pm. Saturday before I got home he even got some yard work done. Whenever we have the opportunity for roles to be jumbled up like this I'm always amazed at how well Billy does everything. Maybe I should be gone more often ;).

One of my favorite things about Billy is that he is such a great Priesthood and spiritual leader in our home. He is so good at making sure we have family home evening, scripture study, and prayer and he finds ways to teach our children the gospel at other times too. He truly is our rock and I am so grateful to him for that. So thank you Bun, and I love you!

Also I'll add a little note about my Dad who I love and admire so much. My dad is such a great man and I am very grateful for all that he has given me. Growing up he taught me so much of what makes me who I am today. He is the hardest worker I know and I really respect that. He always came to all of my cross country and track meets and that meant so much to me. My dad and I have always had a good relationship and I love that as a teenager I felt like I could tell him anything, even when I was breaking up with a boy friend in high school he cried with me, that is something I will never forget. I love my dad very much and I will always be grateful for the lessons and love he gave me while I was learning who I wanted to be for the rest of my life.

I hope all of you Dad's had a great Father's Day and I hope you all feel appreciated by those who love you and have been blessed by your examples and efforts, we couldn't do it without you!

3 comments:

tharker said...

I hope that Billy had a great Father's Day. He is such a good dad! I always enjoyed watching him with your kids at church.

Kimberly said...

It sounds like he does the home and children stuff better than I could. That's very impressive and I especially loved the yard work part. What a great post and cute picture!

Terilyn said...

Billy is such a great guy! I loved watching him with the kids whenever I saw him. He's a great dad!