Friday, June 6, 2008

The Graduates

So I should have done this along time ago given that Taz's preschool graduation was a month ago and WG's Kindergarten graduation was two weeks ago but hey, better late than never. So here it is.
Taz's graduation was a hoot. I have a video of it, sort of, but I was laughing so hard that you can't really hear anything else and it is kind of annoying. They were supposed to sing the alphabet song and Taz starts out "P Q R M K I L T, A V G F E N J . . ." I was laughing so hard as my son sang the alphabet all out of order as loud as he could, drowning out all the other kids. The best part was that I didn't hear him repeat a single letter. And this is what we call miss directed intelligence.

What a ham, apparently I have the class clown.
We had such a great year with the Wee Bugs preschool. This is the second time I've done this and it is so great to have such a wonderful group of Mom's who work so hard to make this preschool a great experience for their children and mine. I really enjoy this experience to work so closely with my child and their friends and help them out on the educational journey.



The Kindergarten Graduate!
I am so proud of my little boy. He had such a great year. He learned and grew so much and he delighted his teacher with his "adult conversation" and ability to "tell a wonderful story". He has grown so confident and learned to navigate that challenging world of school with all of it's social ups and downs and he is doing so well.



It is amazing to me how fast they go and I'm so glad I have pictures and blogs to remind me of some of the great moment.

6 comments:

Scott and Candice Moore said...

They grow so fast!! I can totally picture your son singing the ABC's backwards! That takes real talent especially not to repeat any of them. You have a Albert Eienstien on your hands!

Marmie said...

My grandmother (Maw) told me when I was excited when Andrea started Kindergarten - "Oh Nancy, one day they start kindergarten, and the next day they graduate from High School." And it sure seems to be that way! Love 'em every day as they race through life! I had a lot of kids so it doesn't seem so fast cuz I'm still there, until I think of my older kids and grandchildren! :) I love the story of Taz and the pics! I'm sure he was looking to the side as he belted out all the letters! I really can imagine how he did it! And WG was enjoying each moment of being there at graduation which meant he was moving on to 1st grade. They are a hoot!

Belnap Family said...

What a cute group of preschoolers. I'm still bummed I didn't get in on that a little sooner. Oh well, next year is real preschool, so that will be fun too. It is sad that they grow up so fast, and you don't even realize it.

Pie said...

what cute pics- your little family is growing up! I love Taz's misdirected intelligence, he is a riot.

Kelly said...

That is such a fun idea to do preschool with neighborhood moms. I really want to do something like that in the future. I want to hear Taz sing his ABC’s. You’ve gotta post a video :)

hatch said...

This brought me back to our wee bug days! It really was fun.