Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Keep Her Off The Counter!

So last week ( or sometime ago that I forget cause I never got around to blogging about it) I was in my room folding laundry (where the little munchkins wouldn't walk on the clothes) and the kids were playing in the toy room. I went to check on them and Princess was no where to be found. Taz said he didn't have any idea where she was. So I went searching for her and this is what I found.

That is cinnamon and the wrappers to about twenty bouillon cubes.
I started taking pictures so I wouldn't get upset cause I knew I'd be able to blog about it and she kept unwrapping the cubes. So I stopped her, again!Those are sprinkles, cup cake wrappers and a NOW (not previously) empty frosting cup.
And this is where the bouillon cubes ended up, in the cinnamon!
She finally realizes shes in trouble, so now she's sad.
She has always loved being on the counter. I can never keep her off of it as people are constantly suggesting. I try but it doesn't work. I fully recognize that this is my fault since there was a time I used to put her on the counter and let her walk around on the counter all the time. So now I'm dealing with the consequences. A few days after this incident I found her back on the counter trying to get into medicine. Apparently that needs to find a new home.
Then this last Friday was the final straw. I hope it prevents her from any more counter wandering. We had been up cleaning the bathroom when she decided she was done. So she left. Not thirty seconds after she left I heard a loud bang followed by screams. I found Princess on the floor with a very large bump on her head. She had been attempting to climb on that counter again and fell off. She landed right on her right eye and showed up with a large black bruise along her nose and under her eye and above her eye. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her.
And to top it off this morning while doing Tea Bo I accidentally kicked her in the back of the head. Right between the pig-tails. I felt so bad and she was really offended. And then she got hit in the nose with a swing this afternoon. What a day!
Ruff life, hopefully it turns around for the dear little Princess! And hopefully I can keep her off the counter!

8 comments:

Belnap Family said...

OH man that is funny. I am still laughing at the pictures of all the stuff on the floor and the surprise in the cinnamon! Sorry my kid smacked her with a swing, we'll have to work on that. At least he didn't kick her in the back of the head though right?! J/K :)

Shmobby said...

Okay, is it terrible that I am totally laughing right now??? I canNOT believe you kicked her in the back of the head!!! You think YOU have fears...balls and stuff. She is going to run screaming in the opposite direction of any and all feet!!

Poor kid...and I know exactly what that scream sounds like...seeing as how I actually heard it when she fell. I hope she doesn't try that again...but she's your daughter so I think she's pretty persistent! ;)

Cinnamon and bouillon...Mmmm!

Kelly said...

She does have it rough. I feel bad that I laughed out loud about the Tae bo kicking her in the head part.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee said...

oh poor girl. I am so sorry. I am totally giggling at you kicking her.. sorry. Poor mom.

Pie said...

try not to give the girl a foot aversion as bad as yours to balls! I know you described her handiwork on the kitchen to me, but I didn't really appreciate it until I saw the pictures! That post was really funny, at the expense of the Princess.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

What is it with kids and counter tops? My son is always climbing trying to go for the Butchers Knives! At least she is practicing her cooking skills! My husband thinks I am cruel for laughing at the kids when they get hurt from doing something they should not. It is a sad yet funny thing all in one!

crack'n up ourselves said...

I am glad I am not the only one with a destructive kid.