Thursday, March 13, 2008

The WG

I know hes fuzzy but he was moving too fast!
Happy sixth Birthday!
Sweet Party! (bad photographer!)



I love Airplanes!


So we had parent teacher conferences. They were supposed to be the week we were in Hawaii but of course, we were in Hawaii. So we finally got them done and these are the results.

WG is passing everything with flying colors and his dear teacher is very pleased with his effort, results, and progress. She also reports that they find him a delight to have around and find his adult conversation and dramatic story telling cherish-able delight. We talked a little about things I might still do at home to stimulate him and encourage his desire to learn. I then asked if there was anything specific she thought I might focus on to help him prepare for first grade. She assured me that academically and socially he was more than ready for first grade. But there was one little thing. She was concerned that he might struggle with the faster pace of first grade since he likes to take his time with his work and doesn't like to be interrupted in his tasks. :)! She was sure I'd noticed this at home. I almost choked on my laughter, oh dear WG my sweet analytical cyborg :) In fact just this evening we had a real moment. The boys had finished their dinner and were dishing up root beer floats (amazing they actually finished their dinner, I know!) they were fooling around a little and somehow WG spilled Taz's all over the floor. Crying ensued, from both boys. Taz's I understood but WG was absolutely hysterical.
"What is wrong?"
"The (hic) root (hic) beer (hic) spilled (hic)."
"I know, you were playing around, just be more careful next time, we have more root beer." -totally bewildered!
"But (hic) I don't (hic) know what (hic) I did (hic), how did it fall (hic)?"

Of course, now it all makes sense. If something very unexpected happens WG falls apart just like a cyborg, "error, does not compute!" Just kidding. but really it is funny, sometimes :). Anyway, we love him and he sure keeps life interesting :). Hopefully we can get him ready for first grade (I doubt it, perhaps we can get first grade ready for him).

4 comments:

Pie said...

sweet WG! 'it does not compute' so funny and so true!

MadMadameMim said...

I love that you left the first comment ;)!

tharker said...

This post was hilarious, in a very sweet way. I'm just picturing your face as the teacher tells you this. It just makes me giggle inside. WG is such a great kid. I miss his adult conversation in Primary. He was so much fun to listen to.

He will do great in first grade. And the root beer story...fabulous!

::lindsay said...

Don't you just love parent-teacher conferences! It's always funny to hear what teachers say about your child.

I love reading your posts! You are so fun!