Saturday, March 15, 2008

The weekend that FLOPPED, and FLOPPED AGAIN!!!!

So a couple of months back Lee mentioned that she and friends were going to the Time Out For Women in Spokane. I thought, what a great idea so I talked my mom and sisters into going since they all live in or not too far, from Spokane. I bought my plane ticket and all was set. Then Sunday I find out Lee can't go given current circumstances and I'm totally bummed. But of course this is a sister/mother weekend so of course I'm going anyway. My flight leaves BRIGHT and EARLY Friday morning, make the most of the weekend :). Thursday one sister calls to tell me she is feeling sick and doesn't think she should go, and she is supposed to drive my other sister :[! By Thursday evening the trip is off because not only is my sister sick but my teenage brother who is obviously still living at home where we would all be staying during our fun filled girl bonding weekend has been exposed to spinal meningitis and no one wants to risk taking that home, or something. I was never clear on the details just that the trip is off so that we can go next weekend for Easter when everyone will be there.
I spent the next hour and a half trying to straighten things out with Alaskan Airlines which wouldn't have been too bad except I was talking to a complete moron who kept trying to twist words and play tricks on me like locking me out of buttons on the Internet (I would give you a blow by blow but my recent post on Doctors makes me feel like I rant too much, let it suffice to say it was very frustrating and in the end I just did what I could to get off the phone with this guy and deal with the issue later.). Needless to say at this point I was in a very foul mood. But then a friend called and invited us out to dinner Friday night. Awe a beacon on the horizon, something to keep me from brooding all weekend.
So I got back on the phone to find a babysitter for the blessed event. But the flopping weekend having it in mind to be what it was wasn't going to let something like a dinner out with friends get in it's way so of course there were no babysitters to be found. I spent the rest of Thursday till 9pm and Friday from 3-5pm trying to get a babysitter but to no avail. The weekend had made up it's mind.
My sweet husband trying to lift my mood suggested take out and a movie rental (yes it sounded flat to me too after the weekend that was supposed to happen but it was still thoughtful). But it wasn't too bad. We got Olive garden takeout although as usual I wished I had gone with a standard favorite rather than the new special. Billy had rented Eragon which I enjoyed more than he did.
Now I'm sitting at home with the two little ones while Billy takes WG skiing for the last time this year. I don't know why they're closing the resorts so early since it is snowing yet again! That's right you are going to get a weather report until the snow stops!
So here's hoping things turn out alright. I had to warn Billy to be extra careful both he and WG come home unharmed. Given the weekends strong desire for floppiness it just might take drastic measures if it felt it was loosing it's grip.

5 comments:

Belnap Family said...

Next time you are desperate for a sitter, give me a call! We could have done it! The kids would have had fun playing. I am always up for a trade too if you want! Sorry you had a crappy weekend. When you get your mind set for something fun, nothing really makes it better. :(

Marmie said...

Hey there Tifferbugs - TOFW was very good. I ended up going Saturday after "B's" track meet - I went with Edie Nelson since we were both going late - and she had not planned to go because she was going to be in Richland (and that was changed to a school meet only due to the meningitis)- but since I had some 'extra' tickets - we went and had a great time - and the speakers were - of course - inspiring. As I saw several other mom & daughters there, I did wish mine could have been there, but maybe next time - better yet - Next Week - Easter! That will be fun!

tharker said...

That is one craptastic humdinger of a weekend. I'm sorry that your big plans didn't work out. Although it sounds like your husband was awesome, and tried really hard to make up for it.

Lee said...

Sorry it was so crazy. But I can't wait to see you next week!!!

Shmobby said...

Had no idea your weekend was so lousy. Apparently you didn't feel the need to fill me in since I can barely walk...thanks for the pity, sincerely. And for letting me whine. And for making me laugh. How do you do that? Even over a crappy weekend? :)

Sorry it was so lame...and here's hoping we'll be well and THERE for Easter!!!