Monday, March 31, 2008

Sacrament in Color!

So Sunday is always a challenge in our house but this Sunday I thought things were going really well until . . . Testimony meeting. I was feeling the spirit with all three kids there, miraculous I know! And apparently so was Billy because neither of us noticed what Taz was doing until we both looked and the bench was BLUE AND GREEN! I didn't even know we had CRAYONS!!!! Then I noticed we didn't have any wipes! There was no possible way for us to clean the bench off. And to top it off Taz started throwing a huge fit so I took him out.
Once in the foyer Taz said he had to go to the bathroom but instead decided to throw himself on the floor for another Olympic worthy fit (if there was an Olympics for fits this child would surely win). I was standing in the hall chatting trying to ignore the screams so as to not over react in front of everyone. (I try to convince people at church I'm sane although the fact that some of them now read this blog defeats that delusion.) At this point his primary teacher happens by and tries to determine if there is a problem. She is really sweet and tries to talk him into being happy. My favorite part of this interlude is when she says, "you can't tell the difference between I lost my toy and I broke my leg." Too true especially with Taz, and with him it's the difference between I've decided I just want to scream and everyone in the world is suddenly dead, honestly the drama is always equally out of control. Love that!
Miraculously they all went to primary without complaint (ok nearly Princess kind of had a hard time). The rest of the day was great until dinner of course which proved to be an unqualified disaster and to top it off Billy was home teaching during most of it, YEAH! But other than that Sunday was a really good day :)!

5 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

If you don't come out of sacrament meeting sweating, then you really haven't gone!

Kimberly said...

The thing you might be forgetting to notice are the children of the parents you are chatting with-- We're all out there for a disasterous tantrum reason too. AND, for the record, I will be really sad if 'Taz' isn't in my class after all this boundary stuff. I really like to be his teacher.

tharker said...

Sounds like a perfect Sabbath day!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone!Scott's mom sits with sometimes to help me out since Scott has to sit up on the stand, and she brings Markers to church. When Quade get's a hold of them he likes to suck on them and color the benches..happens just about every week ya think she would learn not to bring markers to church anymore.Then you get the olympic tantrums(good way to put it.) Sundays are the most stressful and exhausting day of the week!

Marmie said...

Ya gotta love the crayons! I remember when my little boys had pockets full of those things in their 'sunday pants', and I didn't check before I washed and dried them! Color spots were everywhere! I ironed those pants, (for lack of any other idea)with foil on the ironing board, and paper towels between the iron and the pants - Sunday Pants again! Does you iron have a long cord?!?!? :) I am kidding, sort of. Wish it would work for you. Sorry for the damage and embarassment! But I doubt it's the first child to ever do that! :)