Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hawaii Continued!

So I guess I did this a little backwards so this post starts on the one before if you haven't seen it yet.

While Billy went to play tennis with his dad I took the kids to the "wooden castle park" they love these parks and had a blast. Princess loves the swings!

Taz loves everything about every park!

We had so much fun at the beach. Taz kept chasing the waves and then having to run from them. I had to pluck him out the water several times. Five people came up to me to comment how he really keeps me on my toes. Seriously!

This is the Banyan tree in Kona, the picture doesn't really capture it but they are very impressive!

This is our whale watching cruise where we didn't see many whales :(! The boys kept wanting to come up to the top deck but it made me sick!

Princess loved the boat! she got around better than most people, probably because of her low center of gravity!

The water is stunningly blue and the view of the coast was amazing!


The Thurston lava tube, it is a great experience but later on it gets bumpy and there aren't anymore lights, WG didn't like this much but even Princess wanted to walk herself.
In front of the Thurston tube, the kids just didn't like pictures most of the trip, too bad!

In front of the Haleblabla crater (after a while all the Hawaiian names run together). WG loved the volcano!
More crater pics, this was as close as we could get to the volcano since there were raised gas levels and new lava flow.

Another beach, this one much calmer. All the kids (especially Billy) had a blast playing in the sand.

Princess got in the water much more at this calmer beach, we had a lot of fun spinning, it was her favorite activity.
Taz was really into all the neat trees on our hikes, he is such an out doors boy.
Akaka Falls, once again much more impressive than the picture depicts.
Our little monkey friend at the rain forest zoo. He was so small. That is Princess fry he is holding.

Burying Daddy in the sand, this was a great activity till the boys got a little carried away!


Daddy rescuing Princess from the water. She liked it as long as it wasn't too aggressive :)!


We had a wonderful time and were really grateful for the sun and family time. the kids had a blast especially Taz. I think he had more fun than anyone. It was so nice to see him back to his very happy self! It was a great trip. I can't wait for another one, or at least for spring!
Sorry if this post was too indulgent but it was such a wonderful time I just wanted to share it, and relive it again and again and again! There is nothing better than a successful family vacation, even if it did end in a red eye :P!




8 comments:

Pie said...

It looks like it was a great trip! I'm glad you all had so much fun- especially Taz- glad he perked up! I love princess' smile in the swing pictur- so cute!

Valbo said...

That looked like it was alot of fun! I wish I could go to Hawaii, I am determined to one day! Adelyn did look very cute in that swing picture! Glad you all had fun!

Hubers said...

Yipee...I'm glad your home. I'll talk to ya friday!!

Belnap Family said...

That looks sooo fun! I've never been to Hawaii, but it is definetely on my list!!! Our blog is belnapfam.blogspot.com
See ya, Kimberly

Kelly said...

I love the picture of Billy in the sand! You guys did a lot in a week.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Love the Pictures! Taz sounds alot like my Second Son Quade...always on the go and loves nature. Your family is so Photo Genic.

Lee said...

Seriously that looks like so much fun!! I want to go there with the kids so bad. Hopefully someday. Glad you had such an awesome time.

Shmobby said...

I. Am. Drooling. Cause I want to be there so bad!!! Holy cow it looks so beautiful and fun and sunny. You all look so happy and adorable. So glad you had such a great time...and so glad you're back! :) I love all the pics. So when are we planning that combined vaca?...

ps - how on the earth did you get to looking so fabulous and tan when you live in ANTARCTICA?