So this is our beautiful snow out my front window. Don't you
just love it. Remember I have a large front porch and it has been completely
consumed by the ever growing mounds of snow in what used to be my front
yard.
This is the side of the driveway that didn't get shoveled of the more than a foot of snow we got last night. The delightful thing was that after finally shoveling that half of the driveway the wind picked up and I got to shovel a three foot drift out of the side of the driveway again.This
is the half of the drive way I had time to shovel this
morning in 45 min.
before I had to leave to help in WG's class.![]()
![]()
Can you see my house? It is a little hard to tell how tall the snow piles are from the street but I couldn't talk the kids into coming outside so I could have them in the pic. But trust me these piles of snow are record breaking! Love the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after all of that shoveling and trying to chip the ever
growing layers of ice off of my driveway and front steps I decided to take my
neighbors advice and knock down some of the totally killer icicles that were
hanging off my roof. Now just in case you are wondering this was an amazingly
bad idea. So here I am knocking down these icicles did I mention they are
HUGE! So I'm being really careful to step back everytime I wack one of these
totally killer icicles so that I don't get struck as they fall.
Unfortunately, yes there is an unfortunately. So unfortunately one very large icicle hit the handle of the shovel I was using to knock the icicles down (I
know it just keeps getting better doesn't it) so the icicle flew into my face.
Yep! square between the eyes! At first I thought oh, that could have been bad.
Then oh-no I think that was bad. I walked back into the house feeling just a
little dizzy and stunned. I went into the bathroom to see that my forehead was
bleeding right between my eyebrows. I raised my eyebrows and it poped open,
yipes! Now let me just say that I am often feeling bad for my neighbor who has
had stiches in both her young boys multiple times and I never have had that
pleasure. So I call this dear neighbor who's husband happens to be a PA. At this
point I'm starting to feel nausiated and week and very dizzy. So my neighbor
drives me to her husbands clinic and he checks me out. He says it is deep but
small enough that steri strips or 'band-aids' super glue would be the best. But
he gave me all sorts of info on concusions so that was fun :). Anyway mostly I
just have a REALLY bad headache and a shattered ego for doing such a stupid
thing as a mother. I ROCK! But hey, someone has to keep life exciting!Speaking of life being exciting I was told by one of my young
women who helps her mom with WG's primary class that he has quite the
vocabulary. Which I know but it makes me laugh to have other people be shocked
by this. So she tells me a new boy with WG's same name just moved into the class
and she asked WG what he thought of this. He says "it's REVOLTING!" she smirks
and when the boy with the same name asks what revolting means she says, "it
means he is happy and thinks it is neat." WG rolls his eyes at her and in his
most sixteen year old annoyed voice says, "that's not what it means!" you've got
to love the WG!


10 comments:
Oh, I love this. I'm gonna call my mom and tell about this. This is hilarious!!
Lovin' you!!!
Hearing the story from you is just too funny.. in a I love you and sorry you are hurt sort of way. You need to blog it all. I am so sorry, but thanks for making me smile.
Holy Snow! My brother in law who lives in your sweet town told me yesterday that you guys have not had snow melt since Thanksgiving! Like I said, holy snow!
I'm glad that you are okay. Minus the killer headache and sweet bruise (head and ego) you'll be sportin'.
I'm glad you are okay too. You have a crazy amount of snow, by the way. I guess I won't complain when we get our half inch.
That is alot of snow! Sorry to hear about your accident. Spring should be here.... someday! Hang in there.
Totally on board with Lee - even funnier when you tell it!
Cannot believe the amount of snow. I am seriously contemplating renigging (ha! I don't know how to spell it! laugh at ME now...) all my hate-thoughts about rain and The Land Of Porshce. For now.
So, can I tell you how much I wish I had been there when you were loopy with the YW? Not laughing at your PAIN, mind you, just the brainless way you must have been. Come on, it's only gonna happen once, so it might as well be funny! ;)
On a serious note, I sincerely hope your head recuperates, and so glad the scar will be nicely hidden.
Hey there bugs! I am sorry for pain - and I'm glad it wasn't worse which it easily could have been - but on another thought -that would have made a great cartoon!!! I picture Donald Duck - or maybe Chip 'n Dale? All outside with the snow and the icicles - and boom! Again, I am glad you're okay! :)
As for WG - man I can picture his indignation! He's a hoot!
I was looking at all the blogs tonight - sure do miss all of you and the hugs! And I showed your dad himself on the blog - and he was "Oh No! Other people see that!" in his laughing but serious tone with a big smile! We all laughed again!
Love you!
Everything is so white! I can't believe how tall your piles of snow are, and so impressed you shoveled all that in 45 minutes! thought you were calling the icicles killer because they were huge, but no, they really did try to kill you! Ahhhh! so I guess it wouldn't really help the healing process to put cover up on the gouge, at least it is right in the middle of your face ;). Love Love Love WG!!!
P.S. I know he is a boy, but in his huge vocabulary way he totally reminds me of Anne of Green Gables!
In that last picture all of the houses look so cookie cutter...Welcome to The Village I guess. I was so excited to see pavement driving to work this morning!!! I want to join the "walking club" when it gets warmer.
Post a Comment