Disclaimer: Incase I have any male readers out there I'm just warning you that you might not want to read this particular post, but if you find anything kids do funny even if it does have to do with 'feminine issues' then feel free to read on.
I'm sure that you have all had the experiance of watching your children mimic something they have seen you do. The funniest things are always the more adult or 'Mommy' type things. I love to watch them talk to each other the same way I do.
ex:
WG: Taz, we don't eat pudding up stairs, you need to take that down stairs or I won't let you have pudding any more! (Mom's version is usually "or I'll take that pudding away" but little parents always take things to the extreme)
Taz: DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Taz: Princess get off the counter, we don't belong on the counter!
Princess: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert glass shattering screech also known as the killing scream of the Mandrake)
Some of my favorite mimics are the memories of Caleb walking around with cups pushed up to his little chest and bottle feeding his favorite stuffed dog during the infant Taz days when I spent all my time pumping and then trying to feed little struggling Taz.
I love it when they pick up on pain as an excuse. "I can't help you mommy, my back hurts." "My head hurts, I think I need to go lay down, can you get me a drink and some chocolate." "What I really need right now is quiet, can you just stop talking to me."
My boys provide plenty of entertainment in this way but it only took about four months to realize the little Princess was going to far surpass them all. Given the c-section and the fact that I had two toddlers to chase when she came along she spent the first sixth months literally attached to me every moment of everyday. After the c-section and subsequent recovery the boys behavior got really out of hand due to my not getting off the couch for six weeks. So once I could move around easily again it was crack down time. I was determined to get those boys back to good behavior. So I spent a lot more time getting after them and as a result Princess' first sounds weren't a sweet 'mama, dada' but an agitated 'nanana' with her little fist shaking. It didn't take long for me to realize that she was getting after the boys with me.
Needless to say this started a strong career as the 'little mommy' she tells those boys off any chance she gets. She cleans, she puts on make up, she kisses Daddy, she does teabo and pilates, all of those cute little mimics that our sweetest mimics do, and some not so cute ones. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that she was mimicing even more things that never happened with the boys for a couple of reasons. She loves to help with everything, cleaning, putting away dishes, cooking. Tonight she was helping me cook dinner and was so insitant on turning the hamburger I was browning that she burned her little hand on the side of the hot pan. I felt bad but honestly how many times had I pulled her down from there, sometimes her mimics are really frustrating.
Many of these new mimics have to do with the shower, which is why they couldn't happen with the boys. Princess loves to shower with me. We have this really nice tiled shower with two shower heads and the one moves up and down and she loves to use this as her own little shower. So a couple weeks ago I noticed her copying everything I did in the shower, scrubing her hair, washing, imaginary shaving, scrubing her face, ect.
This afternoon after starting dinner I went up to shower so I could get ready for young womens. Princess of course insisted on showering with me. When we got out of the shower I dressed quickly and ran out to check on the boys. WG was having a hard time finishing up his homework and Taz wasn't getting the toys cleaned up. I got wrapped up in helping them and forgot about the nude little Princess and that she was running free in my room.
When I remembered the state that I had left Princess in I ran up the stairs to find a most interesting sceen. There she was standing in my room still naked and with a TAMPON! Yep, trying to use it! SWEET! I was speechless, I didn't even know what to do with that. I composed myself led Princess to the garbage and we went to find some clothes, and a diaper for the two year old who does NOT need a TAMPON!
I have to say that of all the mimics in the world this one has got to take the cake! Seriously!
10 years ago


3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. Don't even know what to say. Totally laughing and shocked.
You'll love to know that Craig was reading this over my shoulder...
Mayhaps Princess should be relegated to the Non-Nekkid parts of life???
We love the mandrake! but seriously, echoing shmobby: Oh. My. Gosh.
Your posts always make me laugh out loud. I liked the part about Princess telling off the boys! Priceless...and yes you were right on with the Seven Brides for Seven Brothers quote.
Post a Comment