Thursday, April 12, 2012

Baby number five

Where has the year gone?
Well that's easy. The summer evaporated in finding and building a new home (which we moved into in October. Perhaps I should update in order, but I'm not making any commitments and of course babies first :)), day camps, reunions, camping and discovering that we were expecting baby number five.

Once we discovered we were pregnant school started :) And once school starts our world is swallowed up in outings, activities, music lessons, and our big projects -Destination Imagination and now we've started Shakespeare again.

But in the midst of all that excitement we welcomed a new baby into our family in February. And because we're so ridiculously busy our family is begging for pictures and information. So I'll start from the beginning (of the baby at least) and see how far I get.

For the purposes of this blog baby five we'll call squirt, I'll let you guess why :)

Squirt was born at a delightful 3:52am, which is an exhausting time to be born. It took me the whole three day hospital stay to recover enough to keep my eyes open for more than 30 minutes. I didn't even argue when they kept us that extra day. But he is of course angelic, so I forgive him every thing.
At five days old my dearest friend Lee Ann came over and did new born shots for me. He was so precious, but not particularly helpful ;)





Our little squirt is such a dear we all adore him so.
He adores food. At nine weeks he has doubled his birth weight he weighs 13 lbs!
That is unheard of for one of our babies.
Despite his loving food, he is not fond of eating particularly. Which makes our life so much fun!
I'm constantly fighting the supply battle and pumping and supplementing (which of course I have endless time for)

I'm out of time all ready, I'm surprised my break lasted this long.
I'll try and sneak another few minutes to continue little squirts story later.
-your neglectful correspondent ;)

2 comments:

NaDell said...

How exciting! He's adorable and I love those pictures with you in them too!
I think we're going to go watch that Shakespeare thing the end of the month. Maybe we'll see you there. =)

crack'n up ourselves said...

Your baby is so adorable! Congrats on building a house. I bet it feels so good to be in your own place.