Monday, January 17, 2011

Life is Good!

For all those hoping for a life update . . . Sorry this isn't it.

Today, (in my family room recently tidied by my five and seven year old and vacuumed by my nine year old) while I folded freshly laundered undies and blankies from my little curtain climbers - and constantly redirecting, with the lure of flashy colored rattling balls, this little ankle biter -


(No I did not notice how orange his nose was till I looked at this pic. Any ideas on how to fatten a baby who can't have a hint of dairy or wheat? I'd love to hear it!)


I was listening to the delightful Mindy Gledhill, and contemplating Why I can't stop reading Mormon Housewife Blogs brought to me by my dear friends at josephandannalee. And it occurred to me that life is quite wonderful. How , great is it that we are encouraged to spend our lives serving those we love most, and with a community that helps us find joy and fulfillment in such service. I love what we Mormon Mommies have. It is refreshing and uplifting.

I have recently acquired a few large projects under the guise of 'home school Mommy' and I'm really excited! One thing that has surprised me about homeschooling is how I can find things to do with my children's education that I am really excited about for completely selfish reasons, and they are excited too! Also in order to survive I have to have them do a large part of each step of every project, thus preventing me from taking over and making it mine instead of theirs. It can be such a win win situation and I am amazed at the great opportunities we have open to us now. It is wonderful! Also, look at me learning to deligate without criticism! Which is a must while working with a certain 7 year old, not only does that squash his spirit but also brings on the tantrums, which I pretty much do everything to prevent (in the non-door-mat giving in sort of way) so I don't have to put him in time out outside (but that is a story for another day).

So there you have it. Despite still living in a rental and being overwhelmed by home school and four kids, in brief moments of delirium I can still be overjoyed by my life :). (course this could just be the crazy talking, but I'm good with that. - Just don't tell me ;))


3 comments:

Annalee Kelly said...

Hey, speaking of Mindy Gledhill (JP gave me two of her cd's for Christmas)-- she's coming here in Idaho FAlls to do a concert, and I get to play in her backup band. I'm so stoked... Missyou, lady!

MadMadameMim said...

Her concert here was amazing! Back up band? That is awesome! You are gonna lot it!

Brittney said...

I love this picture of Squish- but he looks so different and grown up! Thanks to you I am now incapable of listening to anything other than Mindy Gledhill, and I love every second of it!!

That mormon mommy thing was hilarious, I love my shiny perfect life! :)