Monday, February 1, 2010

Making it through

Of all the things I should be doing right now, blogging probably isn't at the top of the list.
But I'm suddenly feeling overwhelmed with, well feelings.
These last four weeks have been tough ones for our family, but we are making it through.
I am learning a lot of how I manage difficult thing, and how I shouldn't manage them :).
I am also learning a lot about how my children manage them.
Over the last week both Mithrandir and I have had to 'lecture' WG on not stressing!
He is such a good little man taking care of things and helping out, especially with the shoveling that I just can't do right now. He is taking way too much on for his eight year old self, and he is worrying way to much about it.
But I think after having both of his parents tell him not to worry, just let me ask for help, he seems to be doing a lot better not stressing. Hopefully that keeps up.

Taz, well we are thinking maybe Taz needs a new nick-name. Mithrandir came up with a great one the other day, but I can't remember it right now. Taz is picking up the slack in his own way, and creating chaos too. He is better at remembering to make his bed and his room 'perfect' when getting ready for school in the morning, so that the house can always be ready to show. He does a great job. And he prays faithfully everyday that our house will sell "Today!" It brings me to tears every time he prays. The he releases a little pent up emotion by doing something down right naughty like pushing Princess face first out of the truck :(.


Princess goes along just her normal extreme snail self that makes me follower her around with my fist shoved down my throat so I'm not yelling at her 24-7 to "Hurry Up!" She seems like everything is fine, until she bursts into tears over nothing. And by nothing I don't mean something insignificant, I actually mean nothing. I didn't know four year old did that. And she is completely obsessed with the baby, which is so cute, and fun.

I deal by working hard, and right now that means cleaning the house from top to bottom at least once a day. It is all I can do right now. So I try to let enough be enough and give these children a little extra attention. Taz is the one who helps me do this by requesting a 'fun' activity everyday. We have been pretty good at this. Thanks to Lee for the awesome idea. It takes a previously abandoned Mother to know just the right advice for a currently abandoned mother.


Despite the challenges this time really has gone by faster than I thought it would. We are now looking at less than three weeks till this transition stage is over, and we can look forward to our new transition stage of a new baby in a tiny apartment, and trying to find a new house before September. I really want to be settled before another school year starts. Here's hoping!

6 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

YOur going to make me cry. We are sure going to miss you guys.

Lee said...

You are doing great!! You are going to get through this and I will see you so soon!! I can't wait. I am glad the fun activities are helping. :)

Annalee Kelly said...

You'v got a great attitude. I'm sure everything is going to work out!

Going Family said...

I've gotten a little behind on your blog. Sounds like life has been crazy. I'm sure all will work out better than you had ever hoped or prayed for.

Congrats on a boy!! We are having the same. Sounds like our girls will have to fend for themselves.

Keep in touch, girl!!

Kristine said...

I hope these next few weeks go fast, but I have to agree with Julie, we will really miss you and your family!

tharker said...

Crossing my fingers for you!