So first of all, Happy Valentine's Day, sort of.
At least the kids have enjoyed their various school parties, and of course they were thrilled with the little gifts from their father and I. They've been playing Polly Pocket, and Legos all afternoon.
But my valentines is quite flat with out Mithrandir, and I can't believe his is much better all by his self.
But I do hope all of you have a wonderful day full of love and enjoyment with your sweet heart and loved ones.
Speaking of loved ones . . .
We do just have one week left.
What I won't miss . . .
packing
cleaning endlessly
showing the house
dejunking
organizing
loneliness
sad kids
snow
worrying about shoveling
exhaustion
all those little things that have to be done when moving - tying all those loose ends
What I will miss . . .
All of these amazingly wonderful girls
Being close to Grandma
It is so funny how things that you didn't ever want turn out to be the things that are hardest to give up.
When we first decided to move here the location, lack of shopping, and long winters were at the top of my detest list. After the actual move the farmers market and extreme winters hit the top of the list.
The shopping became only marginally better with an opening of a Costco 45 minutes away
The winters exceeded my expectations ;)
The location became greatly appreciated for the proximity to Grandma and great skiing!
But the friends, the wonderful community, an amazing ward, truly amazing young women, and again great friends (which definitely include YW) made it all the place I wanted to stay and raise my family.
If only we could do something about those winters ;). [I took the kids sledding yesterday because they cried when they realized this would be their last time sledding for quite sometime, there is very little snow where we are going. I have to be honest, I won't so much miss 6-10 months of winter :)]
Three years ago I would never have guessed that leaving this place would be something so painful I would have to force myself not to think about it.
But today I'm thinking about it.
I'm thinking about it because . . .
it was our last Sunday at church
We only have one week left
Everyone keeps asking how they can help this week
And I'm not ready to start packing things up and saying good bye with the taping of every box.
I love you Rosewood and all the people that make you amazing, and I will ache for you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.
I am leaving my home behind.
I hope to find it again soon.


7 comments:
Tiffany, my heart misses you already. I am so grateful that I got to meet you and spend so much time...laughing, talking, and getting to know you. I'll miss you so much, but I know I won't soon be forgetting you. The people in WA are lucky to be getting the Donigans. Love you. :)
Well, we all have to pack up and move sometime. That is just how life rolls but, we will miss you.
We will miss you so much too! You guys are a great family, and it was fun to get to know you!!! I'm not much help packing, but I would LOVE to watch your kids for you if that would help. SERIOUSLY call me if you need that!
Oh, I feel so sad for you. That must be really hard. Change can be so difficult to bare, especially when you grow to love something so much. I have experienced that. But, there is a reason for every change and with time I am sure things will get better for your family and you will be grateful. Love you Tif.
Love you.
P.S. Your baby belly is so cute in that red shirt:)
Oh Mim, that post was so sad, you made me cry! I am sorry your heart is hurting so much with this!
Good luck on your new journey! I'm happy you're reunited as a family. We'll miss seeing you! You're meeting us for Baby Animal Days, right?;)
Post a Comment