You get this . . .
Instead of this . . .
Cause that's what we came home to! Right the first of October we were greeted with snow. Extra bonus about Hawaii that week, we actually missed the first snow. That's right this was our SECOND snow of the fall!
As I drove my tired and chilled Taz home from school that afternoon (we are all still adjusting to the shock of being home - time and weather wise) Some absolutely ridiculous woman on the radio announced that "You can sure tell it's October out their folks. Just look at the weather". I lost it.
"This is not October weather! Are you crazy!" I growled at the radio. "It's the first week of fall! That does not mean SNOW!"
Taz looked at me like I had gone completely nuts, "Mom, it is October. Why are you arguing with the radio?"
That's right, brought back to reality by my six year old.
It's a cozy feeling.
So, about Hawaii, it was great!
The first day we went to the black sand beach. It is pretty but not very swim friendly.
The Dolphins
Where we also saw a sea turtle, which was so cool.
The Volcano
And of course no trip to Hawaii is complete with out some beautiful waterfalls
Thanks Bob, for a great trip!


6 comments:
I'm dying of jealousy.
Those falls are gorgeous! What an amazing trip. We are glad to have you back though :)
Fun, Fun, Fun!
looks like such a blast!
Everything looks beautiful, at least the camera got some good pics in before it kicked the bucket!
No snow here, but it is cold and I am not liking it one bit! A perfect time to go to Hawaii. I am glad you had a great time. What great memories for your kids! I would love to go there someday!
Post a Comment