But before we got there we had a little more driving in front of us.
We arrived in Indiana ready for friends, good fun, and relaxation. It was awesome.
The next day we went to the world's largest Children's museum. It was very cool.
The kids had a blast!
I think the steam from the fondue pots in this shot is awesome.
So before we left for our trip I got my hair cut. It was not a good cut, AT ALL! So while in Indiana, and before Lee Ann took amazing family pictures of us which you can see here, I went to her totally awesome friend who fixed my hair and gave me an amazing cut! I love it, now I just have to find someone around here who can keep it up.
Princess insisted on coming with us, but she got bored, and tired.
We found her here
They were making fun of us! But ok, it was really funny.
Having a great time at the game!
Apparently the boys went site seeing. Lee Ann and I were focused on two things, not getting lost, and beating the boys home.
Everything seemed to be going great, until we got on the freeway.
Not long after we pulled onto the freeway we settled into a nice pace behind a big truck. There was no changing of lanes, no cutting anyone off. Nothing. Nothing that would make what happened next in anyway explainable.
So, we are driving along when this cars pulls up next to us and flashes its head lights.
I ignored them.
They did it again, and again, and again. They would pull a little in front of us (always staying in their own lane) flicker their lights, slow down so they were barely on our tail, flicker their lights. It was kind of getting annoying after a few minutes.
So I matched their speed and looked at them to see what the heck they wanted.
The men in the car pointed at the car.
There was nothing wrong with my car!
Lee Ann thought they wanted me to roll down the window.
Yeah? No! I was not rolling down my window.
Then . . .
they flashed a gun at us!
My first thought was, is that a real gun or just a real looking fake? I'm pretty sure it was a real gun.
Lee Ann, keeping her wits about her (sort of), yelled for me to slow down.
I did. Yep, I hit the breaks right there on the freeway.
They flew past us.
Then we thought we should get their license plate and turn them in. So I sped back up to get right behind them - about a quarter of a mile behind them (ok maybe not that far, but seriously I WAS NOT getting close enough to get shot!)
I told her if she could read the license plate from there great, otherwise tough luck.
So we settled for calling our husbands instead.
We were VERY freaked out. Lee Ann more than I, but I have to say if it was my home instead of a place I knew I'd be leaving with in 24 hours, I might have been a little more upset.
I maintain we stayed a live cause I'm an excellent driver, and good under pressure.
Randy maintains it was just a couple of idiots trying to scare two mom's alone in a car with a bunch of kids. Probably.
That night we had a lot of ice cream. I did not like that part of Indiana!
The next day we had a relaxing morning, went swimming, and left for Green Bay. And no one even got shot. We had a great visit. It was so good to see our friends and spend time with them.
Lee Ann and I did some of our favorite things, talking, shopping, talking, walking, talking, hanging out, and talking :) it was great!
Miss you Lee! and horray for drama, what would we do with out it ;)


2 comments:
wow, I love all the pictures! What an awesome vacation, well except for the gun part. I feel like I have been on a mini tour of everything thanks to your posts!
Your family pictures turned out beautifully! (Why wouldn't they? Your family is gorgeous!) And your new haircut is adorable!
Your experience on the freeway sounds so scary. I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool. Sounds like you two did well though.
Post a Comment