Thursday, December 4, 2008

no, MY little pony!

So I mentioned that Princess had a totally amazing birthday. And just for your information it isn't over yet, she is having a friends party tomorrow. It will be her first friends party and we are all very excited.

For her birthday she received two My Little Ponies, which she loves.
This one is from Caleb.

And this one is from her aunt Jess.
While she was opening the one from aunt Jess her Daddy said, "oh a My Little Pony." To which the Princess responded, "No Daddy, MY little pony." We all had a good laugh at the poor ignorant child's expense, cause she is just so cute when she makes those kinds of mistakes.

Unfortunately the argument didn't die there. I have been hearing this constantly ever since.

Taz: Princess, do you want to play My Little Ponies? (yes the boys are enjoying them as well, in another few years they will probably kill me for divulging this information :))
Princess: NO! MY little ponies!
WG: No Princess, that is just what they are called. They are My Little Ponies.
Princess: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! MINE! They are MY little ponies, not yours! MINE!!!!!

It has been funny, until this afternoon. After the fourth continuous day of hearing this every hour or so I finally got sick enough to put an end to it.

MMM: WG please just call them Your Little Ponies, she isn't going to understand that My Little Pony is just what they are called.
WG: But they are called My Little Ponies, that is their name.
MMM: I know, but Princess doesn't understand that that is what you are saying and it just confuses her and it isn't worth making her scream. She thinks you are calling them yours, she isn't going to get it. Please just call them Your Little Ponies. She won't know the difference, and then she won't get mad any more.
WG: But that isn't their name. The correct name is My Little Pony.
MMM: For the Love! Just call them something else then. Something that won't confuse your sister.
WG: Well their names are Sweetie Belle and Cheerilee, those are the names they came with, so I can call them that.
MMM: Does Princess know those are their names?
WG: No she gave them different names.
MMM: Then why don't you call them the names she gave them.
WG: Because those aren't the RIGHT names. I'll tell her the right names and that is what we will call them.
MMM: They are Princess' ponies, she can call them what ever she wants.
WG: But those aren't their REAL names. I'll tell her the real names.
MMM: I give up!

MMM: Taz, please call Princess' My Little Ponies, Your Little Ponies so she doesn't get mad.
Taz: Ok!

Yeah, your more than welcome to shake your head right along with me.
If they were any more different I would think they were different species.

10 comments:

Valbo said...

haha that was funny? I love the ending with Taz, OK!, after the previous argument! They are very different!

Hubers said...

I am laughing out loud!
That is hilarious!
I love WG precise way of thinking. So funny and cute.

Pie said...

This story illustrates them so perfectly, I love it! You described it so well, I felt like I was there, with WG trying to make me understand that everything must be done correctly. Your kids are hilarious.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

That was a great story..My Ben is very particular about things like that too. When did Princess turn 3? My Quade just had is 3rd birthday on the 6th. I have yet to post pictures. I am a little behind due to my computer being infected with a virus. Luckily I was able to save all my pictures..but my videos of the kids I think are gone. :(

Kelly said...

Great My Little Ponies dialogue! I can see the confusion!

tharker said...

Funny, funny girl!!!

Shmobby said...

Heeee this made me laugh, even tho you already told me about it! Love that kid's brain. And YAY for Taz for being EASY!!! Are you sure they come from the same gene pile? :)

Lisa said...

Oh, how I love my little ponies. This is so priceless. My brothers used to make us girls mad by singing the theme song in a not so flattering manner. I love when kids mess things up...such comedy. ;)

tharker said...

I just wanted to say how much I loved your Christmas card and letter. The pictures of you and your cute family were great!

I don't know which one of you wrote it, but it was hilarious! I especially loved the last paragraph about the man of the house. So, so funny ;)

I was super lazy this year in the card department. I thought about doing one, but that's about as far as it went. Next year!

I hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!!

Terilyn said...

My Little Ponies - so dang cute! I can't believe how big she is!
Merry Christmas!