Taz was certain that he would enjoy soccer in the fall, so we went ahead and tried that. He actually did really well and I was impressed with not only his improved soccer skills, but also with his increased capacity for organized sport in general.
Since he has a fall birthday he was placed in the under five group. This was seriously the cutest little thing you have ever seen. They have all the kids from the league under five meet at this large park on Saturday afternoon. They do some group drills and then some team drills, and then they have a 'game'.
There are six little kids on each team and each team is assigned a different color of the same jersey. Taz's team was light blue. They looked so adorable, I just couldn't get over it. But the group was so big that I had a really hard time getting a good shot of them all. It was so cute to see them all lined up in their different colored jerseys and all ready to play soccer. And the coaches were so great. I loved Taz's coach he was such a great guy and really dealt with the little tantrums (that came not only from Taz) really well.
Here he is, not smiling at me. The weather was so nice most of the time, but the second to last Saturday we were snowed out and then it was pretty cold after that. We were all grateful when soccer season was over and we could have our Saturdays back and stop freezing at the games.
WG played soccer this fall also. Unfortunately I didn't get a single decent picture of his games. This was probably due to the fact that I was freezing at most of his games and I had to miss a couple. He was delighted with his season and he is definitely improving, if not in skill at least in understanding the game. He was a great help, always letting his teammates know what they should be doing :). He was also pleased to have three good friends on his team, although given that two of the three are about as athletic as he is I think this may have contributed to their number of wins over the season. Oh well, at least they had fun. He is thinking he wants to take up karate or tae-qua-do (I have no clue how to spell that), these more individual sports might be more his style, we'll see I guess.


4 comments:
I love this last picture on Taz. He looks so tough.
He looks adorable in this last picture!
Seriously, is there anything cuter than watching little kids play sports? I don't think so anyway ;)
I love watching little kids play soccer. It is so entertaining!
Cutest kids on the block prize! Little mini sports players - just makes you go "awwwww" and giggle :).
Post a Comment