Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Paint story

More back blogging, I know I'm dragging this out. But hey, life is just that crazy sometimes.

So the other day I was talking to my sister on the phone and she reminded me of this delightful little story, which I just have to share. And I am sooooo sorry there are no pictures, but it was to crazy to think of snapping pics. Seriously insane.

Over Labor-Day weekend we made a trip home because my brother was getting sealed in the temple, which we were so excited about. The whole family (besides Pie, Hansel, and our dear missionary :( ) where there. It was a great time. We love to be with family, and it is so great to see the cousins play together.

Now that most of the kids are out of my parents house and the youngest is now 11 it isn't quite the childproof environment that it used to be. My youngest brother especially isn't used to having to keep certain things up out of the reach of curious little toddlers.

The whole weekend was crazy and we didn't have that much time to do nothing, but there were a few hours here and there where the kids were running around while the adults were trying to organize things. During one of those moments dear little Princess was down in my youngest bro's room where most of the toys are kept. So unfortunately found some of his paints. Yep, never a good thing.

I don't remember what child it was that informed us of what had happened. I remember hearing the words, "Princess . . . Paint," I rushed down to the room. I believe one of my sisters was already there, trying not to laugh. Yeah, that's right they were laughing. Well some of them were anyway.

This is what I saw when I walked in. My beautiful six-year-old niece was standing in the doorway with BRIGHT RED PAINT splattered from her head to her toe. A look of horrific shock frozen on her pretty little face.

Red paint was splattered on the door, the wall, the cream [Yes CREAM!] carpet. There was also yellow and blue paint smeared on various surfaces of the room.

In the corner was princess. Her hands covered in paint. On her face was the most guilty look you have ever seen in your life. This child has always had a talent for showing emotions, especially embarrassment and guilt on her face, but this was beyond anything I had ever seen before. She was mortified, and oh so guilty. You could just see her trying to blend in with the wall, the floor - to disappear if possible.

It was hard not to laugh.

Of course I had to clean up the bedroom, I enlisted the help of my brother who I thought should have kept the paint up, but really I just didn't want to have to do it myself. It was a HUGE mess. Luckily it was Crayola washable so it came mostly out with a lot of scrubbing.

I still don't know what the funniest part was:
The outrageous guilt screaming from Princess' guarded stance to her glaring eyes
The look of shocked horror on my niece's face
Her stance - arms out, mouth open, frozen, she didn't move for more than five minutes.
or My sister's an I trying not to laugh at the two little girls.

We determined that what must have happened was that Princess was happily painting her uncles room when she was discovered by her cousin. Knowing she was in BIG trouble we think she must have just flung the bottle, trying to escape the evidence as far and as fast as possible. It was obviously a wasted effort since was still caught very RED handed.

Just one more Princess story :)

1 comment:

Hubers said...

I'm laughing. Your kids are hilarious. I love too, that when I'm reading these posts I can actually hear you talking.
BTW, you should know that all princesses are artistically inclined;-)