Monday, May 19, 2008

The Mischief Makers

Here they are, thinking they're cute in their mischief making! Caught in the act, the cute little devils! Just please, stop climbing the food!
Would you like a list of their recent escapades? Yes? Good, cause I could do with a good sharing. So here we go. It all started this morning at 8:30. Yep that early! Just as WG left for the bus these two headed out for the first break out of the day. As soon as WG shut the door I ran up stairs to throw a load in the wash while the two little miscreants were supposed to be finishing their breakfast, they took advantage of my absence by running out the garage and taking all the bikes out into the driveway, riding one down to the corner and abandoned it to splash in sprinklers and puddles.

After getting them back Taz begged to take his training wheels off and practice riding his bike. After that we went to the back yard to work on the swing set. Or at least I did. The kids decided this was a time to have a cereal snack which they spilt all over the floor and then decided to clean up themselves. They used the swiffer, and started by spraying all the cereal with the soap and then smeared it all over the floor. Great, thanks for that!

So I shewed them back outside where they found a bag of my screws and spread them all over the yard. After cleaning that up they wandered into the garage where they decided to open the garage door again. They went out front and found my new rose bushes and pulled off most of the petals and stuffed them up the watering can. After that got dull Taz went to find a friend to play with and ran across the street. At this point I came out to find them. Of course Taz was gone and I saw the neighbors gate open. He was in the back yard but the neighbors weren't home. Wonderful.

So back in our back yard we went where they entertained themselves by covering each others heads with dirt. Lovely! Then when I went in to the garage to find more playground boards Taz climbed up to the top of the 8 ft high narrow platform I had just finished screwing the floor to but hadn't put up any walls or rails yet. Princess followed. I peaked out, saw them, got them down, once, twice, three times, in less than two minutes. I was DONE! I took them in washed them off and put them down for naps. I should have had one too, it was only 11 AM!

To top off the day when WG got home from school he decided to open the back gate that leads right to the canal and let everyone escape, including the dog! TV anyone?! What a day!

But on the bright side, at least they are getting along these days. Even when they were in time out they were giggling and playing. My sister suggested they had been plotting this little escapade for a while. Probably, how else would they have been able to do it all before 11.

8 comments:

Hubers said...

Happy Birthday to B! I'm glad I finally have time down, so I will now respond to your last 3 posts.
I love Mac n' cheese!
And last, but not least. I am sooo scared of the day that my kids can open the fence!!! You're a good mom, in some homes, they would have already died!! Good job, Tiff.

Kimberly said...

Great work for waiting until 11 to put them down. I sometimes am tempted at 9!

Pie said...

They are sooo adorable! What a crazy day- I'm impressed you are all in one piece, don't you wonder how they come up with this stuff? I think the cuteness and the mischevousness must be hardwired together, that way they live :) Hilarious post!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

They definitly plan these things! I am a big believer in this. It is called let's see how long it takes to make mom crazy!Not Long that's for sure! Sounds like a typical day for me. Glad my kids aren't the only trouble makers :)

Belnap Family said...

So how's the swing set coming along? We are getting anxious. :)

Shmobby said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing all over again reading this! I seriously believe they planned it and then went for it when they noticed you looking fairly chipper and sane. They said to each other, "Ha! We'll fix THAT!!!" Then cackled to themselves...

And really, I agree with Summer. Any other kids would have died by now! ;) What a great mom you are!!!

Marmie said...

Mothers are the best teachers. Before your kids were born, the little angels must have been watching you as a kid and now are following your example :) I know how you feel - really I do! As a mother, it frequently seems as if our children's halos are only on straight when they're sleeping.

The Donigans said...

The fun never ends, eh? Just think how boring and uneventful our lives would be without our crooked halo angels to spice up our days.:)