So today after one of our not so great sacrament meetings. At one point all of my children (this happens nearly every Sunday) where out going to the bathroom. The Princess had to be taken out twice for screaming. Both boys were ok for the most part but there were a couple time I had to get after WG. It wasn't the worst sacrament meeting but it wasn't the best either. Anyway, after Sunday school an older woman who sat right behind us in sacrament meeting told me how well behaved my children were and how she loved to watch them every week because they are such good kids. I didn't know what to say but thank you. I was sure that she had witnessed my frustrations and in that moment I felt she was trying to boost my spirit, which was so sweet of her. I so appreciate when experienced mothers can use their enlightened understanding to lift the burdens of the young mothers struggling though this crazy time of life. I was so grateful for her taking the time to say those kind words to me, it totally made my day.
So thank you! To all those experienced mothers out there who use their experience to lift and not judge those of us doing our best and feeling our efforts our futile. Thank you, for giving us hope and comfort.
10 years ago


4 comments:
oh, that was sweet of her. It sounds like an eventful sabbath- at least you never get bored!
Could you send her up my way to sit behind me too? I could use those kind words ;)
You are seriously an optimist. :) I love that you appreciated her words and thought of all the people who really do give us the benefit of the doubt...we try soooo hard!!! And I bet she sincerely DOES enjoy your cute kids, who wouldn't? I would sit behind you every Sunday just to be entertained. I know they try so hard to be reverent, just like mine do...and they probably get so confused as to why we get frustrated because in THEIR little minds they ARE being reverent. I can just imagine Taz thinking to himself, "If you only knew what I REALLY want to act like right now." And what you get is the best he has to give. President Monson said something funny in one of our meetings in Provo (he knew he was talking to tons of young parents). He said he understands why children have such a hard time sitting still. It's hard to have such a big spirit wiggling around in their tiny little bodies. We'd have a hard a time sitting still, too! Okay this is long enough...but I really appreciated this post! :)
That is a nice post. I get jealous sometimes of the mom's that get to take there kids out of meetings and hang in the hall...oopps did I just type that!
Post a Comment