I Don't know who took this picture, but it sure is funny!
So today I had the enlightening experience of having a little boy through a gigantic fit at me. Although this little boy is over a year younger than my Taz they have a few very important things in common. He too is the middle child with an older brother and a baby sister. When my Taz plays with this boys older brother I notice this middle brother suffering in the same way Taz does when his older brother has friends over and he doesn't quite fit in and there never seems to be enough toys. Anyway there was this little kerfuffle over a chair with my little princess and this poor little boy, and his mom happened to be out of the room. So I tried to sort it out but he just went into tantrum stage. I had to bite my lip to stop from laughing out right because it was so something Taz would have done. Luckily his mom walked back in at that point and I didn't have to attempt to appease him any longer, or from his perspective just torture him. Unfortunately it took a while to calm him down so I didn't have the opportunity to have a good understanding chat and laugh with his mom.
But on the bright side I did have some really enlightening thoughts on Taz. It was just one of those moments when you can see things from the child's point of view and you can see that they justifiably feel like life is usually unfair for them. They have to understand that the older brother who they always want to play with gets to go more places and do more things than them. They have to be understanding of their little sister because she is little and they have to go and do and come and leave whenever mom needs it. I just realized today that this poor middle child feels very pushed and shoved through life and it is very evident in the ways that they react to things.
I realize that this other middle child boy may not have all the same issues as Taz does but in that moment I was able to see Taz and see what he needed. So on a more serious note I've been praying a lot lately for help with Taz and I feel like this was an answer to those prayers. The Lord works in mysterious ways I guess, like finding the humor and education in a little boys fit.


7 comments:
Taz is such a cute kid. And he is just a little fireball. I think you hit the nail on the head though. And I am proud of you! You are an awesome Mom to be able to see that and recognize it. Go you!
You have very good insight to your child and his feelings. You are such a good mom Tiffany! I especially like the pic of Taz. It really fit with the post ;)
I love it when other children display tantrums it helps me to realize I am not alone and that my child is somewhat normal...he just has not figured out an easy way to express his concerns and frustration yet. I too pray to find out how I can help tame my Quade!! My answer is lots of patience, understanding and love. Quade is teaching me these things!
I love the picture, what a lovely post. I know you doubt it, but you are such a sweet understanding mommy.
Wow that was very enlightening. The way you describe middle children being "pushed and shoved through life" totally captures it. You made me look at Shgirl's 'strong' personality differently. Although it's the girl thing and different than Taz...still helpful to understand how she might be feeling.
I so wish we lived closer so I could just hug little Taz. He is just such a bundle of life and energy and silliness.
Seriously Tiff, you are such a wonderful, thoughtful mom. I love that you recognize answers to prayers in interesting moments.
Oh, those poor middle children- I completely understand ( only mine is 9 years old).
Middle children should know this...less pressure than being the oldest, and less babying than the youngest. It's that sacred "middle" ground, no pun intended...well, actually that was quite intentional and took hours of sheer brain power to muster up...so there you go. (heehee) I'm a half glass full type of girl, go figure. later hottie!!!
Post a Comment