Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things (or the most Honest!)

So we've all been in those situations where are kids say things that you just wish that hadn't said. Like "that girl doesn't have enough clothes on", "doesn't that man know smoking is bad for him" "How come that man doesn't have a leg" I believe all of these might have come from my niece but those are the examples coming to mind right now.
So I had one of those experiences yesterday, unfortunately my child was being brutally honest to me! I was singing primary songs with my kids and when we were done Dear WG says "you know at the end of that song when you were singing, it didn't sound good. It sounded really ugly!"
Thank you for teaching me humility everyday of your life :)!

6 comments:

Pie said...

I can hear the exact tone of his voice when he said that! yes, 'teaching humily' that's what we call it ;)! I love your blog.

hatch said...

They just say whatever is on thier mind. Teaching humilty is a great way to put it!

KP said...

Yes, I do read your blog! I'm finally leaving a comment. Sorry to be so sneaky about it. I love the mimic post. So funny! We only miss people in Pocy, not the town or weather. Hope you are enjoying Id Falls! Take care!

Shmobby said...

Totally chuckling over that one! WG does happen to be the second-most honest child I know. The other one would be the one who asked why the man didn't have a leg...and she didn't ask me, unfortunately. She marched right up and asked him! Can't wait for those two to have "honest" teenage conversations with eachother! ;)

Scott and Candice Moore said...

I love it! We were at a reception a while ago and one of our friends was there.He is very over weight and Ben walked right up to him and said " Your so big..Why are you so big?" I was Lobster Red with embarassment. To make things worse he kept asking me over and over again why he was so big? While he was standing right next to me.

Terilyn said...

I know that sometimes the things the kids say are humbling, but sometimes I wish we could be a little more like them. They say what they truly feel, but they don't hold it against who they are saying it to. They can be great friends just two seconds later. Honesty (without hurting feelings) - what a wonderful world this would be!
PS I don't think you sing ugly - Tiff. I am sure that it was just one of those Primary songs that one has to really know the background on to really appreciate! :) See, wasn't that honest without hurting the composer/writer's feelings?
I feel more childish already!