Sunday, January 6, 2008

I don't want to make new friends!

Our dear sweet Taz was scheduled to start CTR5s today. I should have been more prepared but I wasn't. last year when he was supposed to start Sunbeams it took us two months and one run away experience to get him to go and stay (most of the time) in class. A couple weeks after that we moved into our house and changed wards and the process started all over again. Thus I should have seen this coming. The child doesn't like change, he just can't handle it. He gets very emotionally attached to things and doesn't like to then be with out these things he is attached to.
So today, not expecting anything to be very different despite the preparatory talks we had, he took himself to primary as usual. A couple of minutes later the primary president found us and passed off a crying Taz. "I don't want to go to CTR5, I want to go home, can't we just go home." Well obviously not. "I don't want new friends, I want my old friends, I don't like anyone in my new class." Well that's just down right sweet. The dear primary president had made sure that at least one of Taz's best friends was in his class since we have 3 CTR5 classes. Unfortunately this friend was leaving early that day due to family activities from a baby blessing. I finally talked Taz into staying in Primary by promising him we would have play dates with his two other best friends this week. This only lasted so long. Just as I was starting to teach my YW lessons to the entire YW group Taz's new CTR5 teacher came in to inform me that my dear sweet child was running away and refused to come to class once they had left the primary room where he could see his other friends. great.
I went to pull Billy out of an over crowded Elders Quorum class so he could deal with the little dear. Unfortunately for this situation we live in an ever growing ward of new young families. Billy was sitting near the front that I couldn't possibly hope to reach surrounded by people he didn't know. With the help of two men near the door we caught the wondering eyes of a board looking man sitting directly behind Billy. Unfortunately when we mouthed "Billy D******" he just said, "Who?" great! "Right in front of you" "Where?" exaggerated gesturing "right in front of you!" His head turns from side to side, "I don't see him" a shrug. I smack my forehead a little too loudly and left to see where dear Taz was escaping to this time. When I turned around Billy was walking out the class room door, perhaps he recognized the familiar sound of the exasperated smack to my forehead :).
I went back to teach my lesson at this point but I'm informed that after finding Elders quorum as boring as the man seated behind them Taz agreed to go back to Primary only to be pulled out less than ten minutes later for 'hitting problems'. Maybe he'll go next week, I doubt it!
You've got to love these moments, the ones that keep us humble. Why do there seem to be an abnormal amount of them on Sundays? On a better note Princess seems to have hung up her title of resident piranha and is going to nursery with out mishap these days. WG of course remains the overzealous informant of all inappropriate primary activities to the point that he causes more than his fair share of disruptions trying to prevent disruptions. Ya gotta love it!

6 comments:

Hubers said...

I love your stories. You do have to love it, Primary just wouldn't be worth the fight without the glory stories.
Loves.

Kelly said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog because I never found yours and I rarely see you at church so I couldn't ask....Yesterday seemed a little traumatic for everyone!! You captured the moment well. I was busting up laughing while reading your post. PS I love your new haircut!

tharker said...

Poor Taz. Hopefully after a few weeks it will all be old news to him and he will love going to his new class.

Hope your forehead is doing alright after that mighty slap!

Shmobby said...

Hee hee I am so laughing!!! I have heard that smack so many times - I'm sure that was exactly what got Billy's attention!

I can see all their precious faces doing their thing. The Informant, The Jailbreaker, The Pirhana. Fabulous laughing...fabulous start to my day! :) miss you guys.

ps - Shboy got a motorcycle thing that I think is exactly like WG's - he keeps telling me he needs to see WG so they can play with them together.

Lee said...

I hope Taz likes it more.

hatch said...

The Sunday of class changes can be a tough one. Taz he is so funny! He has always been one for a great escape! I remember you chasing him around durning our library and preschool days.