Sunday, January 27, 2008

Farewell President Hinckley


Our dear beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed on this evening. There is an article here. I personally will miss him dearly. He was a great man and a great leader. He did so much for the church in bringing about more temples and making the church more available to the world. He was a great man and I love him. I will miss him as a leader, a Prophet, and the friend that he was to all.
Although I feel this is a great time of sadness and grieving for church members across the world I personally feel that my sadness is a little selfish. I'm sure that he is happier where he is now. We can all recall that tragically sad occasion a few years ago when he lost his dear sweet wife. How heart breaking it was to see his sadness and loneliness at her funeral. How heartbreaking it was to watch him try and keep up with the coffin as it was carried away. Now they will be together forever.
I know his children and family left behind will miss him dearly but I also believe that they too will think of his happiness in being reunited with their mother.
I think of how wonderful a homecoming it must be for him after all the good he has done in this world. It makes me want to try harder to be assured of such a welcome home as I'm sure he is receiving. It gives me a hope that we can all dedicate our lives to serving our fellow man as he did. It makes me want to stop and thank my Father in Heaven for all of my many blessings of which President Hinckley is one. I will love him and miss him and always be grateful for the Prophetic guidance and direction he brought into my life and for the gift of temples he brought to us all.

6 comments:

tharker said...

Can you even imagine the millions of spirits that were waiting to shake his hand and thank him for bringing so many temples to the world? It is amazing.

Lee said...

Seriously it has to be a great day for him. And I understand the sadness. I am excited for the changes that will be coming.

Valbo said...

You seriously made me cry Tiff. It's funny, when "B" came to us looking all shocked and a little red-faced and told us. My first thoughts were of him being back with Heavenly Father and his wife. How happy he probably is, and I thought of what Christ and Heavenly Father were saying to him, he was such a great prophet. I'm sure there were so many people waiting to meet him.

Pie said...

I think it was a moment of joy on the other side, hopefully we can all recieve such a welcome home from our sweet spouses, beloved families, and eternal Father and Savior.

Shmobby said...

I read several posts about President Hinckley today, and although they all made me sad for myself and happy for him, this was the first that actually made me cry. He was wonderful. It's amazing how everyone says the same thing...how happy he must be to be with his wife again. Everyone knew how much he loved her and missed her. I hope we can all deserve such a welcome someday.

Kelly said...

It is so inspiring what he accomplished in the past 13 years. I am going to miss hearing him at conference!

I am making my blog private and I don't have your email address. Could you email it to me? kellycstewart@gmail.com
Thanks