Friday, November 7, 2008

Princess loose in the Library

I was reading a blog today that reminded me of the last time I was crazy enough to take my insanely independent Princess out of the children's section of our local library.

I was perusing the 'wish I could write a decent Austin sequel' section (cause I just do that from time to time when I haven't looked up what is new and interesting to read, wishing someone might actually achieve this dream) with Princess sitting happily at my feet emptying my purse, which I was ignoring cause it was allowing me a little stolen me time in the middle the day and she wasn't moving and wasn't hurting anything. After two minutes she apparently found what she was after (my credit card, go figure). She took off with the card at a full out run. I hurriedly recovered the contents of my purse and ran after her.

By the time I caught up to her she was standing on top of the librarians printer and poking at the cash register. My mouth fell open. The librarian looked TICKED! she was obviously failing to coax my delinquent monkey off of her expensive piece of electronics. I rushed to scoop off the maniac toddler, mumbled a sincere although probably incomprehensible apology and walked-ran out of that library as fast as I could. I now make it a point to always go to the non-kid section of that library with a wig, sunglasses, and no children.


BTW this is national blogging month so you are supposed to blog everyday. I was doing well. I forgot yesterday.

Happy National Bogging month!

3 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

That was a knee slapper!

tharker said...

That little Princess!

Again, this is one of those experiences that is hilarious when it happens to someone else, but I'm sure not so much when it's actually you.

I love your ability to tell the story in a humorous light.

P.S.
Sorry I've been super hit and miss...okay, non existent....in the commenting. I've still been a faithful reader, but I've been sucking at commenting. I'll do better, my friend!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

You are brave to take children to the library.. I know we are suppose to teach or children to read and love libraries but I fear what would happen if I did take mine. We have yet to enter the library, I just have to muster up enough courage to do so! Alot of my friends here in town take there 2 and 3yr olds to story time..and they ask me why I don't go..and then I sarcastically ask them "Have you met my son Quade?". It all makes sense to them after I have said this. For they all know what he is capable of. Until I my bravery sets in I just by the books and we read them at home.