Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What the kids have been doing

So the weather here has been living up to it's worst the last couple of days. It has been fridged, windy, and snowy nonstop for more than three days now. The snow is so dry you can't do anything with it but watch it blow around. If the wind ever stops it will be great for sledding and skiing. But right now It is so fridged and the wind just blows the snow at you so it pelts any exposed body part. And the roads are so scary the news spends twenty minutes convincing people to stay home every night. Basically we live by one simple rule: Do Not Go OUTSIDE!!!!! So the kids have been looking for new ways to entertain themselves, and this is what they have found.



Princess is the queen of the candy :)


They play a lot of games on the computer, leapster, and the regular board game kind, I know how very prehistoric of us, board games, honestly!

These are the new hoppers I found at Walmart on clearance, they are a hit!

Sledding, they only tried this once, and it didn't last long. But Long enough for me to get some totally hysterical laughs as the boys and sleds went opposite directions and several times Taz rolled head over heals down the snow mounds and WG slid into the driveway on his back, it was great!

This was when the snow and wind actually relented one afternoon, but not for long. Princess didn't last more than five minutes and even WG the devoted driver came in after ten minutes, Taz wouldn't even venture out.

7 comments:

tharker said...

Hopefully you all aren't going stir crazy being stuck in the house. It looks like the kids are doing a great job of entertaining themselves!!

Lee said...

I love seeing the pics of the inside of your home. It is beautiful!!!
I am ROFL at your girl on the counter. She is the boss. :)

Hubers said...

I wanna jeep.

Patrick said...

Your blog is great. It took me a while to figure out which kid goes with which nickname.

I love the Christmas blog with the big blue jeep. So cute! I always wanted a "real" car when I was little.

hatch said...

I love your kitchen cabinets! I am also glad to know that you are surviving all of the snow.

Kelly said...

Driving home I saw you on the porch laughing that night your boys were sledding. I think you were having more fun than they were. Too bad there aren't any hills around here!

Shmobby said...

Glad someone else can find the fun in NOT going outside! Albeit for different reasons...

Love the pics. The one with Princess and WG from the last post was funny. They looked completely frozen and SHE looked like she couldn't even move with all the bundling!