Wednesday, December 5, 2007

KEYS

I have lost my keys. I'm hoping it isn't permanent as that would be a gigantic inconvenience, not to mention the trauma it would have on my psyche for the next who knows how many years. I had a totally crazy day yesterday running all over this crazy town doing Christmas errands and all sorts of other things all day long. When I finally got home in the afternoon I just brought all of my survival gear into the house and instead of putting it away I dumped it all on the kitchen table where it remained, all of it that is except apparently my keys.

This morning I got up and prepared me and my three children for the day as usual. After putting my oldest son on the bus I finished getting ready. I started to head out the door twenty minutes later to discover that I couldn't find my keys anywhere.I searched quickly expecting them to turn up anywhere until my extra five minutes were gone and if we didn't leave right now we would be late. I put Little Princess and my second son we are going to call Taz for fun out into the truck. I went back into the house to keep looking. Five minutes passed, now ten, ok now I'm already supposed to be at the school helping out with my oldest sons class. Five more minutes pass and I'm in a panic. I tried to call my friend who watches the two younger kids for me while I'm at the school but of course she is still at the church working out. I try to call another friend but she is in bed sick. It is too late anyway. I call the school and tell them I won't be making it (just in case they hadn't already figured that out) because my car won't start. It won't with out the KEYS!!!!! I spend the next couple of hours trying not to look for the keys anymore. They aren't anywhere, not in backpacks, boots, shoes, drawers, closets, toys, buckets, pockets, hoods, couches, Christmas trees, guitars or guitar cases,cupboards,bedrooms, laundry baskets, garage, truck, or any other tiny little crevice of my house I wouldn't even look in if I was deep spring cleaning. I even called my very reliable husband who would never walk off with an extra set of keys but I was desperate. I asked all my kids. Even Little Princess, who looked very concernedly back into my stressed face and said, "No Mama, no key." She then very helpfully took me around the house to all the places she sees me use the keys, I think she was trying to help look. We looked at the door, inside and out, we looked in the garage, the truck, and even on the counter under the phone where they always sit (always before today). No Keys! I am now the stupidest person in the world and have graduated to complete and totally unreliable Flake! I can't remember the last time I was this ticked off. I don't think it has ever happened.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I am so sorry. ((hugs)) I would have been there in an instant.. if my van was working. I have been thinking about you hoping you found them. Breathe in, breathe out it will get better.

tharker said...

That is awful. I hate that feeling when I can't find something. Take Lee's advice, take deep breaths. I hope you find them soon.